Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for the web

This is a crime scene photo taken the morning of the 26th - - hours before the police crime scene video was shot.  I see a disturbance at the window - can tell you from going in that window myself that there is a lip on that ledge so you can NOT slide in, you have to pick up your butt to go in.  So the amount of disturbance is certainly possible with the intruder theory.  My question is - - why can't we see the big spider web tht is in the crime scene video?

I know Lin Wood, in the CBS lawsuit, suggests they altered the images.  So I want to see what all of you think.  Is there a big spiderweb there?

(And just for the record, in the crime scene video, I see the web - - and I also see part of it that was torn from the whole hanging from the open window frame.)

So is there a spider web there or not?  is it at the angle presented by CBS?  I personally think if there was an active spider web there it would have been across the window, not thick and full of debris.)

From the inside - and I can't say exactly where this came from because the glass is still there, was it the crime scene video?  OK - point is, I look to the left and I don't see the big, thick web with a piece of packaging popcorn in it.  So where is it?  It isn''t blocking the open window.

Again, just looking at the angles here.  If it is off to the side, the intruder wouldn't have to damage it at all.
Transferring Boulder press releases to this forum and want to share this - -
June 30, 1997 - Ramsey Update #50

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 30, 1997

Leslie Aaholm, Media Relations, 441-3090

Ramsey Case New Release Index

Boulder Police and DA Investigators
Re-Enter Ramsey Home
(Ramsey Update #50)

Members of the Boulder Police Department and District Attorney investigators, accompanied by Colorado Bureau of Investigation personnel, today went back into the Ramsey house. Earlier the Ramsey’s had consented to police re-entering the home without a search warrant.

The reason for going back into the home is to take measurements to build an architectural model. The model will be used for the case presentation to the DA for a filing decision at some point and ultimately for use in a court presentation. Investigators also are re-photographing some areas of the house from different angles and in different light and may role play some scenarios.

Investigators may be in the home for up to a week.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My comment - - different angles and different lights - -- hmmmm. I wonder if we can be sure CBS was using the crime scene video taken on the 26th and not one months later. Any thoughts on that? I mean, I really don't see the spider web in the first batch of crime scene photos.
(01-30-2017, 05:58 PM)jameson245 Wrote: This is a crime scene photo taken the morning of the 26th - - hours before the police crime scene video was shot.  I see a disturbance at the window - can tell you from going in that window myself that there is a lip on that ledge so you can NOT slide in, you have to pick up your butt to go in.  So the amount of disturbance is certainly possible with the intruder theory.  My question is - - why can't we see the big spider web tht is in the crime scene video?

I know Lin Wood, in the CBS lawsuit, suggests they altered the images.  So I want to see what all of you think.  Is there a big spiderweb there?

(And just for the record, in the crime scene video, I see the web - - and I also see part of it that was torn from the whole hanging from the open window frame.)

So is there a spider web there or not?  is it at the angle presented by CBS?  I personally think if there was an active spider web there it would have been across the window, not thick and full of debris.)
Hypothetically speaking, let's say there was a spider web in the window and let's say an intruder entered the window. From doing some reading on spider webs I have learned that webs are resilient and can take a lot of beating without being disturbed. The materials in a web are similar to silk & steel and can stretch and then take back their shape so it is possible to crawl through the window without disturbing the web. The CBS re-creation of the web is just that. An improvised re-creation.  I believe Lou Smit believed that this was possible as well and wanted to get an experts opinion on webs only to be shot down by Thomas. 

http://news.mit.edu/2012/spider-web-strength-0202
Gemini, you hit the nail on the spot!

There have been many times I have moved something that had a spiderweb semi attached to it... the web barely moved.

Makes me wonder how long it takes a spider to make a little web like that.

That window clearly looks recently disturbed... NOT from John Ramsey breaking in. I think the killer could have easily moved the gate, broke in without even touching the web
(01-31-2017, 01:49 PM)Summer Dawn Wrote: Gemini, you hit the nail on the spot!

There have been many times I have moved something that had a spiderweb semi attached to it... the web barely moved.

Makes me wonder how long it takes a spider to make a little web like that.

That window clearly looks recently disturbed... NOT from John Ramsey breaking in.  I think the killer could have easily moved the gate, broke in without even touching the web

Exactly my point!! Thank you Summer Dawn for getting it!! A water hose with immense pressure cannot remove a web. Trust me. I know this. I've tried it. I'm petrified of spiders and try and destroy their homes and they are not easy to destroy. IMO I would like to know the prop the CBS documentary used. Cotton? An intruder could have entered that window without disturbing the web. Brushing up against it wouldn't destroy it. Also I learned that it takes about an hour for the average spider to weave a web. Not long at all.
I spoke to an investigator who had access to the house fairly early on and asked him what he thought about this issue. HE SAID THEY DID NOT FIND COBWEBS IN THE WINDOW WELL RIGHT AFTER THE MURDER.

The crime scene photos of the window well do NOT show the web we see in the CBS "police video" - - - and we have a police brief saying new photos were taken in JUNE. I think that is an effort to mislead people.

Look at the crime scene photos of the window, the ones showing a disturbance on the ledge and the leaves and debris in the corners. The web is just not there.
So was it Thomas that insisted that the web exists? If there was no web then why did Lou Smit want to call in an entomologist? I'm going to go look at the crime scene photos. The web controversy had bothered me for awhile.
(02-01-2017, 04:30 AM)jameson245 Wrote: I spoke to an investigator who had access to the house fairly early on and asked him what he thought about this issue.  HE SAID THEY DID NOT FIND COBWEBS IN THE WINDOW WELL RIGHT AFTER THE MURDER.  

The crime scene photos of the window well do NOT show the web we see in the CBS "police video" - - - and we have a police brief saying new photos were taken in JUNE.  I think that is an effort to mislead people.  

Look at the crime scene photos of the window, the ones showing a disturbance on the ledge and the leaves and debris in the corners.  The web is just not there.

It definitely looks like another lie by CBS and BORG!
So this is what I know about cobwebs in the Ramsey case.

In the beginning, the Cobweb story had to do with a cobweb that was at the TOP of the window well and linked the grate to the brick wall. Had an intruder removed the grate and put it on the ground next to the opening, the grate would have HAD to have been broken. But opening the grate as Lou did in his entrance, the web would not break, just be stretched a bit. Then there was a debate about if the web ever existed there because there was NO photo taken of that area.

Years later, the cobweb isn't at the top but at the bottom.

The video shown certainly was taken in the first days - none of the stuff has been removed, the crime scene tape is on the door. So I am back to thinking it is all about the ANGLE of the photographs. If the web is seen from the inside - - why isn't it seen from the outside - we know those images were taken on the 26th, labeled crime scene photos.

I just know when I went in and out that window well, I left fibers behind. If an intruder went in or out that window, there may still be evidence from the window well they can test.