Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BnJazzy4ever45"
In 2001, someone with the screen name  "BnJazzy4ever45"" posted this on a old Ramsey website, Maketoast:

"I feel so guilty for what I've. Done," the message read. "I was there when the whole thing occurred. I never wanted any part in it, but they said if I didn't help I would be killed as well. I was only 14 when this took place, so I went along with the whole plan."

The e-mail also says whoever killed the 6-year-old beauty queen was a handyman in the Ramsey home who had a key to the family's home.

This person emailed me (as well as jameson) and in return, BPD were contacted regarding this confession.

Unfortunately, after the BPD looked into it, they discovered this was a sick joke someone was playing and the confession was a hoax..

During their investigation they seized our AOL accounts to see what "BnJazzy4ever45" said to us. We couldnt log on for a day or two, lol. It was crazy.

OCT. 03, 2001 - RAMSEY UPDATE #83
Ramsey Case Update #83
CITY OF BOULDER NEWS RELEASE
Oct. 3, 2001
Jana Petersen, Media Relations, (303) 441-3090
Jennifer Bray, Media Relations, (303) 441-3090
City Web site: www.bouldercolorado.gov
Ramsey Case New Release Index
NEWS

Boulder Police determine that online "confession" to Ramsey murder was hoax

Boulder Police detectives have determined that an online "confession" to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey was a hoax.
A tip was forwarded to the police department several weeks ago that a "confession" to the Ramsey murder was posted on an Internet bulletin board. Investigators filed a search warrant for America Online (AOL) to discover the identity of the person who posted the message. The message claimed that the person had been a witness and reluctant participant in the murder.
After learning the identification of the AOL subscriber known as, "BnJazzy4ever45" detectives went to the person’s location and interviewed them. Detectives determined from their investigation that the "confession" was a hoax and that "BnJazzy4ever45" has no connection to the homicide. The person who posted the "confession" message is a 14-year-old juvenile.
"We would like to thank the local law enforcement agencies and the FBI for their assistance in this location," said Police Chief Mark Beckner.
---CITY--
This is EXACTLY the kind of research and posting I hope will start these threads. Discussion is great but we need to be talking about the facts and not gossip. Thanks, Summer for doing a great job here.
Thank you <3
August 7, 2001 (The Confession)

"Ok. I visit this site all the time. This is very hard for me to say and I hope everyone can find somewhere in their hearts to forgive me. I never posted anything because I feel so guilty for what I've done.I was there when the whole thing occured. I never wanted any part in it, but they said if I didnt help I would be killed as well. I was only 14 when this took place, so I went along with the whole plan. I left no trace of anything and the police and F.B.I. are not aware that I was at the crime scene. The other person that performed in this horrible crime was an intruder and said if I mentioned his name anywhere, he would make it so I would be his 2nd victim. I can tell you this. He worked as a handy-man in the Ramsey home and had a key. I just wanted you all to know so you all know that the parents had nothing to do with it. To everyone out there still concerned......I'm sorry. And thats all I can say. Nothing else with help. Jonbenet,parents,friends,family. I'm sorry .....happy 11th b-day JonBenet. no named... (B n Jazzy4ever45@aol.com) cincy, USA - Tuesday, August 07, 2001 at 20:05:07 (PDT)"

September 20, 2001 (The Apology)

"Ok. I am sorry, but this was all a joke. My cousin was over and told me to do it. I never thought it would go this far.Sorry for messing with the law, but its not true. And when jameson and everyone emailed me, i went along with it. no named (bnjazzy4ever45@aol.com) USA - Thursday, September 20, 2001 at 12:41:34 (PDT)"
My email was down for more than a day or two. I thought there was a problem with the computer until I got a call from media asking for a comment on the federal search warrant out of - - was it Washington or NYC? - - that took my email account. I had no idea! Well the search warrant said they were looking for the emails I had received between two particular dates - - and they missed getting the email they were after. I was upset because I would have forwarded the mail if they had just asked but... seems the police LIKE doing things with force.

I called AOL to get the email account back and they said that whenever a warrant is served, they freeze the account because they had to assume the owner was doing something illegal. I didn't get my account back until the Boulder Chief of Police requested they give it back, explained I had done nothing wrong and was, in fact, a valuable source of case information on more than one occasion.

Lots of strange stuff has happened over the years.
Posted by jameson on Aug-12-01 at 11:30 AM (EST)

Someone posted this on Maketoast's guest book:

"Ok. I visit this site all the time. This is very hard for me to say and I hope everyone can find somewhere in their hearts to forgive me. I never posted anything because I feel so guilty for what I've done.I was there when the whole thing occured. I never wanted any part in it, but they said if I didnt help I would be killed as well. I was only 14 when this took place, so I went along with the whole plan. I left no trace of anything and the police and F.B.I. are not aware that I was at the crime scene. The other person that performed in this horrible crime was an intruder and said if I mentioned his name anywhere, he would make it so I would be his 2nd victim. I can tell you this. He worked as a handy-man in the Ramsey home and had a key. I just wanted you all to know so you all know that the parents had nothing to do with it. To everyone out there still concerned......I'm sorry. And thats all I can say. Nothing else with help. Jonbenet,parents,friends,family. I'm sorry .....happy 11th b-day JonBenet."

I emailed the person and they have IM'd with me several times.

I want to report that I believe the person is yet another fraud. The story is absolutely outrageous.

Person says they overheard some plans being made and that they were then forced to go along on the outing and threatened if they told the truth.

OK - I can live with that... but when the person talks more, the story is absolutely unbelievable.

The person told me they were forced to go in their own house by people whose names hir didn't know, to make maps on the computer so they could get from where they were to the Ramsey house. (Remember, the killer who kidnapped this poster was supposedly a handyman at the Ramsey house - - now he needs a map?)

Hir also had to tell hir mother that hir was going on this trip - - and the trip - - according to the poster - was 3 days one way! Now, what mother is going to just let their 14 year old daughter take off on a week-long trip with someone they don't know? I don't think so.

Hir also told me that she was in the house, three of them went in the house. That hir was tied up in the house, and forced to watch as the handyman sexually assaulted JonBenét. Watched as he took off her clothes and redressed hir.

I do hope that the investigators find out who owns that aol account and "speaks' to them. Either they were at the scene of the murder and are now tellin huge lies to make people think they are nutz - - or the confession was false from the beginning in which case they should be held accountable for those actions.

Just thought I would share this with the posters here.

I did offer to help this person if they needed help. Instead I got a story of lies.

And now you know.
"I have the affidavit"
Posted by jameson on Sep-10-01 at 03:27 PM (EST)

that was used to look at my files.

All I can say is that Beckner would have gotten much further if he had called me and spoken to me nicely.

He know knows who Jazzy was, but he didn't have to do it that way. He would have gotten far more if he had been more of a gentleman.

I am considering putting up the affidavit - - but part would have to be redacted - I am waiting to hear back fromthe attorney - - but I wanted to tell you - - I have the affidavit - several pages.

2001-09-10: Jameson writes up RECAP of what is in the affidavit
From Jameson's Webbsleuths Forum thread titled, "I have the affidavit"

1 . "In short"
Posted by jameson on Sep-10-01 at 04:02 PM (EST)

Tom Trujillo applied for the search warrant.

He said who he was, his involvement in the case, and said:

Chief Beckner received an email from me alerting him to the on-line confession.

He also said that Chief Beckner had gotten three e-mails from Robert Cantwell, the director of the CBI concerning the on-line confession and the conversations Jazzy had with "jameson" and "jamesonposter".

Then he went on to quote the "Jazzy" post from the Maketoast page.

He also quoted an August 10th post by Jazzy

"it is not jameson. SO why don't you shut the hell up weezawhatthe hell ever..... u go home."

Trujillo said he reviewed email messages that had gone between jameson and Jazzy where jameson advised Jazzy to go to the cops and Jazzy said he (they say he - - Jazzy told me hir was female) felt guilty, wanted to put this behind him and that was why he had come forward.

Net paragraph dealt with the IM between Jazzy and jamesonposter where Jazzy said it was a serious confession, gave a few details - - like tht he had been forced to make up computer maps.

Trujillo then says they want to identify Jazzy, to locate and interview them.

Wish all our tips got this attention!

On August 13th, Maketoast was contacted by the BPD and he went into his logs and told the BPD the IP address of the Jazzy poster. I will not put that here but it does show on the affidavit and perhaps one of our sleuths can track it to the city of origin??

On August 24th, AOL was contacted - they said they could help - that records are maintained and law enforcement is often helped in such matters.

Trujillo asked for a search warrant to be issued for personal identification information related to the following accounts - to include - the real name, address, phone numbers, screen names, status of account, detailed billing logs for the week of August 6th, 2001, dates accounts opened and closed, e-mail, histories, contents and communications, and alias/buddy lists.

Judge Thomas Reed signed the search warrant on August 29th.

That is all fine with me. I have nothing to hide and was only trying to help. If something I do gets the police to investigate leads in this case, then I will continue as I have been - - I want justice served.

So now they know who JAZZY is.... hopefully they won't waste time figuring out what the truth is - - and hopefully they will let us know if it is important so the speculation will stop.
Ramsey tip still under scrutiny
By Christine Reid and Pam Regensberg
Camera Staff Writers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boulder police investigating an online "confession" to the December 1996 JonBenét Ramsey murder say it will be at least two weeks before they determine its validity.

Investigators have learned the identity of an America Online subscriber who posted an Internet message claiming to have witnessed the murder, but are being tight-lipped about it.

Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner declined to say who is registered as the account owner.

"It's just another lead that we're following up on," Beckner said Monday.

The tip, posted on an Internet bulletin board Aug. 7, was forwarded to police by the same woman who a month ago sent two DNA samples of possible suspects in the murder to authorities.

"I still hold onto a lot of hope that it will be solved," said the tipster, who goes by the Internet name Jameson245, or just Jameson. "As a concerned citizen, I sent (Beckner) this tip."

Investigators in Virginia filed a search warrant last week asking AOL, which runs its Internet service from a Chantilly, Va., office, for the subscriber's name, other screen names, e-mail files, buddy lists and aliases.

According to the affidavit for the warrant, Beckner received an e-mail from Jameson saying that a "confession" had been posted on a Web site where JonBenét photos are sold.

"This is very hard for me to say, and I hope everyone can find somewhere in their hearts to forgive me," the message from "B n Jazzy4ever45" read.

The message also said a man who claimed he was a handyman for the Ramseys was one of the murderers.

Jameson, who oversees a Web site chronicling the Ramsey case, said she had an online conversation with "B n Jazzy4ever45" in which the supposed witness told a story about being abducted by three men after she overheard their plan to murder JonBenét. After taking her hostage, they made her print directions to the Ramsey home from her computer before the group embarked on a three-day road trip to Boulder. Once there, the girl said she was forced to go inside the Ramsey home and watch as the men undressed JonBenét, assaulted her and then redressed her.

When she pressed for more details, Jameson said she was given the response: "I don't want to talk about it any longer. He would pay someone to hurt me as well. I let it out so please leave me alone already."

Jameson's AOL account was seized as part of the investigation, as well as the account of "Jamesonposter," who Jameson claims was a name she used to protect another person who was online at the time she was chatting with "B n Jazzy4ever45."

Lou Smit, who at one time worked with Boulder police on the Ramsey case, said there have been hundreds of leads. He called the Internet tip "vague" but was still happy to see Boulder authorities following up.

"The killer left enough behind," Smit said. "Someday, this will be solved."

September 11, 2001
15 . "waiting"
Posted by jameson on Sep-14-01 at 05:32 PM (EST)

Still waiting for my AOL account to be restored - you would think AOL would WANT my business - - - I would like to keep the email address but am frankly having a hard time figuring out why I shouldn't just activate the mail accounts that come free with either of the domains I own.

Stubborness, I guess. I want the email address back and hope my attorney can do that soon.

Right now I bet AOL is scrambling with much more urgent demands - - - but it seems they could have me fixed in minutes if they just decided to DO IT!
19 . "Jayelles posted:"
Posted by jameson on Sep-15-01 at 10:08 AM (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jayelles - "So......"
I'm now understanding that jameson didn't personally post under the hat 'jamesonposter', but rather substituted the hat of the poster who REALLY posted with jazzy with the word 'jamesonposter' before she sent copies of the communications to the police - supposedly to protect the mysterious poster's identity. I can actually understand jameson taking this action if the anonymous poster was some poor soul who had gotten spooked by jazzy, felt that he/she should alert someone but who didn't want to get embroiled with the police. Jameson may have said "leave it with me, this should be reported, but you don't need to get involved, I'll handle it and blank out your hat...dadeda"

Alas therefore...

...the police's suspicions have been raised as to whom exactly needs to have his/her identity protected and they have decided to take the drastic step of confiscating the AOL account to investigate it in its 'pure' condition.

If I were jameson, I'd actually be relieved that they did this rather than ask me to send them copies of everything. In this way, they couldn't accuse me of tampering with the evidence.

What I don't understand is why the police couldn't just make a copy of everything and then AOL could give jameson her account back.

Why is the account still frozen after almost three weeks??? HHmmm...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Jayelles, you have it right - - I did substitute the name on the IM to protect an innocent poster - - and when I sent the IM's in, I TOLD the people that the name had been altered - - if they wanted more info they just had to call me - - but they didn't.

They would have gotten further with a phone call than a warrant.

Police Chief Mark Beckner and Robert Cantwell, the head of the CBI have both told me that they have no idea why AOL froze my account - it was not part of any set procedure and not a request. So I am having to deal with AOL. So far I have gotten promises of a call back - - none came - - and I have now got an attorney working on this. I am sure it will take a while now that we know the terrorists were working off the Internet - - my situation will be a low priority and I am considering opening up the emails to my jameson245.com and webbsleuths.com accounts.