Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramseys had copies of all LE records
from Steve Thomas' deposition:

"Thomas depo 43 - sharing evidence"

Q. You indicated at page 297 of your book consistent with the Boulder police, I will tell you a press
release in June of '98 that you all had collected 1,058 items of evidence. Does that sound about right?

A. You know, this was a Beckner --
Q. It's at page 297 in your book.
A. I know.
Q. You adopted it as true, didn't you?
A. If I can answer the question.
Q. Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to move along.
A. Beckner put together this as, I think you're right, as some sort of a press release, but I don't
disagree with these numbers.
Q. How many of those 1,058 pieces of evidence were shared with the Ramseys or the Ramsey
lawyers?
A. I don't know.
Q. You consulted 500 -- you interviewed 590 people. How many of those interviews were given to
the Ramseys or the Ramseys' lawyers?
A. I don't know.
Q. Consulted 64 outside experts. How many of those experts' reports were given to the Ramseys'
lawyers or the Ramseys --
A. Mr. Wood, you would know much better than I how much --
Q. I've got to tell you, Mr. Thomas, I do know and I've got about 14 pages and I could be off by one
or two and yet everybody keeps describing this incredible amount of evidence given to the Ramseys
and their lawyers. I'm just trying to go figure out where it is because that's not what I've got and that's
not what their lawyer has got. I mean, I understand they got to see the garrote and I understand they
got to see the first generation ransom note and I didn't get that. But I got the few pages, incomplete
pages of police reports that were bargained off with respect to the April '97 interview, right?
A. (Deponent nods head.)
Q. And I don't have any more reports. I don't know of any others that were given to John and Patsy
Ramsey according to their lawyers and I'm just trying to figure out what you were talking about when
you say you were describing on page 56 the incredible amount of evidence given to the Ramseys and
their lawyers?
A. Courtesy of Pete Hofstrom and I believe others in the DA's office who did this verbally so much
was shared by Pete Hofstrom's own admission. If you're just talking about hard copy documents, I
don't know what they do or you do or don't have.