Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rope

I thought the rope looked the same but was told one was much more pliable than the other and the diameters were different- they were NOT the same.

I was not told that by the Ramseys and don't know if they ever got to compare the ropes side by side - - don't know where the rope is that was used in the photo shoot.
Excerpts from National Enquirer book, "JonBenet, The Police Files" by Don Gentile and David Wright

1998 June 25, 26, 27 - Taped Interrogation interview of Patsy Ramsey by Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth in Colorado

NE Book Page 245:

Patsy was shown a photo of rope found in John Andrew's bedroom

Patsy Ramsey: "I don't recognize it, specifically."

Trip DeMuth: "Okay. And that, that particular piece of rope, do you ever remember seeing anything like it around? And if you look at photo 115, you notice the... ends are unusually secured... can you think of any reason to have that kind of rope around?"

Patsy Ramsey: "I've just never seen ends like that, done like that. John had some, you know, boat ropes and things up at the lake, but it seems like when they cut those they kind of melt the ends of them or something to keep them from fraying or something. I've never seen one done like that."

Trip DeMuth: "The kidn of ropes you're talking about that John used up there - "

Patsy Ramsey: "For the sailboat or - "

Trip DeMuth: "Are they colored the same or similar?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Well, some of them have like little blue flecks in them or red, or there's some white ones, you know."

Trip DeMuth: "Okay. Do you know what, what those are composed of? Is it a nylon-like that melts?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah, it must, something that melts, yeah. But it seems to me like they somehow torch the ends and kind of keep them from fraying. I can't remember seeing any one looking like that."

Trip DeMuth: "You don't remember that being used anywhere in the house or yard or - "

Patsy Ramsey: "No"

Trip DeMuth: "Would you think that unusual to be found in the house?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Yeah, I mean, Burke had some ropes that he would play with through something out on the playground, you know, in that, in that picture yesterday the rope around the, the fort, you know, or something."

Trip DeMuth: "Right"

Patsy Ramsey: "Always trying to make a boat or something like that."

Trip DeMuth: "This was found inside the house"

Patsy Ramsey: "Inside the house?"

Trip DeMuth: "In John Andrew's room?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Oh. Maybe it was a, some rope he used for capmping or something, I don't know."

Trip DeMuth: "Did he have rope in his room that he would use for camping?"

Patsy Ramsey: "...I don't know. I just don't remember seeing this specifically, and I don't remember ever seeing a rope like that."

Trip DeMuth: "Do you know John Andrew had a rope in that room?"

Patsy Ramsey: "No"

07-11-2001 British Documentary
'Who Killed The Pageant Queen'
By Michael Tracy and David Mills

Lou Smit: "What's interesting about this room - we did see that some of the drawers in the bathroom right off the bedroom were partially open - looked like they were out of place. Also in this room there was a rope and we don't know where that rope came from. No one can explain why that rope is in this room."

PATSY June 1998
20 TRIP DeMUTH: And there's another picture
21 of that same item in 115 and 116. Why don't you
22 look those over at your leisure.
23 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't recognize it,
24 specifically.
25 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.
1 TOM HANEY: Okay. And that, that
2 particular piece of rope, do you ever remember
3 seeing anything like it around? And if you look
4 at photo 115, you notice the –
5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.
6 TOM HANEY: -- ends are unusually secured.
7 PATSY RAMSEY: Right. No.
8 TOM HANEY: Can you think of any reason to
9 have that kind of rope around?
10 PATSY RAMSEY: I've just never seen ends
11 like that, done like that. John had some, you
12 know, boat ropes and things up at the lake, but
13 it seems like when they cut those, they kind of
14 melt the ends of them or something to keep them
15 from fraying or something. I've never seen one
16 done like that.
17 TOM HANEY: The kind of ropes you're
18 talking about that John used up there –
19 PATSY RAMSEY: For the sailboat or –
20 TOM HANEY: Are they colored the same or

21 similar?
22 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, some of them have like
23 little blue flecks in them or red, or there's
24 some white ones, you know.
25 TOM HANEY: Okay. Do you know what, what
1 those are composed of? Is it a nylon like that
2 melts?
3 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, it must, something
4 that melts, yeah. But it seems to me like they
5 somehow torch the ends and kind of keep them
6 from fraying. I can't remember seeing any one
7 looking like that.
8 TOM HANEY: You don't remember that being
9 used anywhere in the house or yard or –
10 PATSY RAMSEY: No.
11 TOM HANEY: Would you think that unusual to
12 be found in the house?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. I mean, Burke had
14 some ropes that he would play with through
15 something out on the playground, you know, in
16 that, in that picture yesterday the rope around
17 the, the fort, you know, or something.
18 TOM HANEY: Right.
19 PATSY RAMSEY: Always trying to make a boat
20 or something like that.
21 TOM HANEY: You commented they were always
22 up there nailing –
23 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.
24 TOM HANEY: -- or something, attaching
25 things as though –
1 PATSY RAMSEY: Right, so I don't know.
2 TOM HANEY: This was found inside the
3 house.
4 PATSY RAMSEY: Inside the house?
5 TOM HANEY: In John Andrew's room?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Oh. Maybe it was a, some
7 rope he used for camping or something, I don't
8 know.
9 TRIP DeMUTH: Did he have rope in his room
10 that he would use for camping? You mentioned
11 the topo map.
12 PATSY RAMSEY: Right, topo maps.
13 TRIP DeMUTH: Topo maps that were in that
14 one drawer.
15 PATSY RAMSEY: Right. I don't know. I
16 just don't remember seeing this specifically,
17 and I don't remember ever seeing a rope like
18 that.
19 TRIP DeMUTH: Do you know John Andrew had
20 rope in that room?
21 PATSY RAMSEY: No. Did you ask him?
22 TRIP DeMUTH: I would like to, so, you
23 know –
24 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah, he might recognize it.
25 TRIP DeMUTH: Yeah. And I would like to,
1 if you don't mind, I mean, I would like to talk
2 to him first about it.
3 PATSY RAMSEY: Oh, okay.
4 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay?
5 PATSY RAMSEY: All right.
20 LOU SMIT: John Andrew's bedroom,
21 did you ever recall any rope or cord being in
22 his room?
23 JOHN RAMSEY: Gee, it's possible
24 John Andrew loved the outdoors, he was there, I
25 stayed in that room. I know he had seems like
1 he had his backpack there for a while. So it
2 wouldn't be -- I don't remember seeing any, but
3 it wouldn't be –
4 LOU SMIT: I would like to show you
5 a photograph and have you just take a look at
6 it. Do you ever remember seeing anything like
7 that and on the back, this is just a container
8 for it, that's photo number 114 and I will show
9 it 114 and I will show it to the camera.
10 JOHN RAMSEY: Geez.
11 LOU SMIT: You can turn it over.
12 There is another –
13 JOHN RAMSEY: The person obviously
14 I think you know would be John Andrew, but I
15 don't -- it doesn't ring a bell.
16 LOU SMIT: But he could have had
17 things there in his backpack?
18 JOHN RAMSEY: It wouldn't have
19 been out of the question.
20 LOU SMIT: Just for the camera, the
21 photographs we are looking at is photo 113, 114,
22 115 and 116, and I will just hold that up to let
23 the camera take a look.
24 BRYAN MORGAN: May I ask just one
25 question. Can you tell us if this is the form
1 in which it was originally found?
2 LOU SMIT: No, that's the bag it
3 was put in for evidence.
4 BRYAN MORGAN: So the paper bag is
5 just in evidence.
6 LOU SMIT: Evidence bag. And
7 again that was just found in the room, and it
8 was found in a bag in her room, that's all I can
9 tell you at this time.
10 BRYAN MORGAN: In a bag.
FOUND IN LAB NOTES

CASE OVERVIEW
HISTORY OF ITEMS SUBMITTED FOR DNA ANALYSIS
Rope from the Guest Bedroom, found on bag on a chair:
The rope located atop a chair in the guest bedroom was not identified as belonging to any member of the Ramsey family. The item has not been examined for DNA nor has the item been examined for any morphological evidence (hairs/fibers)
MY COMMENT – the rope was a concern because none of the Ramseys or their friends laid claim to it. It was compared to rope used in a photo shoot with JonBenet and was NOT a match. Ollie Gray showed me pictures of the two ropes side by side and I had to agree. The one from the photo shoot was less firm, wouldn’t “stand up” at all.
The rope remains unsourced.

searchinGirl searched through Whitson’s book, Injustice: Why a Sadistic Psychopath Killed JonBenet – for every mention of the climbing rope…

Pg 30 This is important. The duct tape, the cord, and a piece from the paintbrush were never recovered, yet the suspect left a climbing rope in the house, as well as a baseball bat and a flashlight, one of which was possibly used to fracture JonBenet's skull.[/size]
[/quote]

These next few are about a suspect Whitson he named Bob and wanted to interview but was not allowed (believed to be Schwinamin)…

Quote:Pg 134 He exited via the second story bedroom door, having to jump off a 13-foot-high roof in the dark, instead of running downstairs and leaving via the front door. This indicates the offender entered the home via the second story bedroom door, and he choose to exit the same way, since he was familiar with that location. (Think about JonBenet's case. The offender attempted to exit the same basement window where he entered, instead of immediately leaving via a more convenient door. Think about the climbing skills involved with this case and the climbing rope left in the Ramsey's home)?

Quote:Pg 135 The offender stated, "If I was here to hurt you, I would have knocked you out." In two previous cases where Bob was the known offender via DNA evidence, Bob stated, "Shut the fuck up or I'll knock you out," and "I'm going to knock you out, fuck you and leave you." (Think about JonBenet. She was struck over the head with enough force to create an 8 1/2-inch skull fracture). A belt from the victim's closet was found on the floor next to the bed. This matched some of Bob's previous cases using an item inside of the victim's residence to tie-up the victim. (Think about JonBenet. The offender left a flashlight, baseball bat, and climbing rope at the Ramsey's home).

Quote:Pg 136 The following is a compilation of information about Bob, which links Bob to JonBenet's murder. Bob committed at least 23 rapes or attempted rapes, with 20 of those cases occurring in Boulder during the early 1990s. Bob demonstrated psychopathic behaviors and characteristics. Bob demonstrated sexually sadistic behavior by tying-up victims, verbally abusing them, threatening to kill them, and holding a knife to their necks. Bob is a rock climber who owned climbing ropes, which may explain the climbing rope found in the guest room adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom. This climbing rope may contain the offender's DNA. To my knowledge, this rope was never tested for DNA. Bob smoked cigarettes, smoked marijuana, drank alcohol beverages, and became addicted to methamphetamines. Bob became violent when using meth. Bob and his wife were evicted from their apartment due to Bob's meth addiction. A person high on meth acts irrationally. The use of meth may explain the inconsistencies At JonBenet's crime scene, such as leaving the climbing rope, flashlight, and baseball bat at the Ramsey's home.

This one is part of what he thought should be further investigated…

Quote:Pg 141 The climbing rope recovered from the guest bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom needs to be tested for DNA, using Touch DNA or MiniSTR's, if this was not done already. The Boulder Police Department and the District Attorney's Office refused to test the rope for DNA evidence for at least 10 years after JonBenet's murder. I do not know if this has been done recently.

There were photographs that these next two referred to…

Quote:Pg 146 Crime scene photograph# 95. JonBenet's bedroom balcony is above the first level windows. The balcony has a wrought iron rail and is accessible for someone with climbing experience. A climbing rope was found in the guest bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom and the Ramsey's said the rope did not belong to them. Did the offender intend to use the climbing rope to access JonBenet's bedroom via the balcony? The suspect described in Chapter 8 was a rock climber who owned climbing ropes.

Quote:Pg 171 The guest bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom was rarely used. A climbing rope in a brown paper sack was found in this bedroom. The Ramsey family said the rope did not belong to them. The drawers in the bathroom were open, which indicates someone looked inside of them. Did the offender wait in this bedroom until the Ramsey family went to sleep?

And then generally…

Quote:Pg 208 A climbing rope in a paper bag was found in the spare bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom. The Ramseys said the rope did not belong to them. To my knowledge, this rope was never tested for DNA.

Quote:Pg 212 According to the Ramseys, the following items did not belong to them and they were left by the offender: (a) the climbing rope in a paper bag in the guest bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom; (b) the Maglite flashlight left in the kitchen; and © the baseball bat left in the yard near the butler door, which had a carpet fiber from the Ramsey's basement.

Quote:Pg 212 The offender demonstrated a psychopathic lack of fear by entering the Ramsey's home, probably while the family was gone, and waiting for them to return home. While waiting, the offender had the opportunity to search the home, including the office area where John Ramsey stored documents about his pay, as well as the guest bedroom adjacent to JonBenet's bedroom, where the climbing rope was located, cabinet drawers were opened, the closet door was opened, and the dust ruffle around the bed was disturbed. According to Lou Smit, a neighbor observed a male walking around the Ramsey's home at dusk on Christmas day.

Quote:Pg 214 The offender left some items at the crime scene (climbing rope, flashlight,baseball bat, the ransom note, two pieces of the paintbrush handle, cords on JonBenet, and the duct tape on JonBenet), while taking other items with him (source of the duct tape, source of the white cord, and pages from the ransom notepad). Due to the organized - disorganized behaviors at the crime scene, there is a good chance the offender was under the influence of alcoholic beverages and/ or illegal drugs, which is consistent with psychopathic behavior. Was the offender's motive to make money via a kidnapping, or was his motive to take JonBenet with him for sexual reasons? I believe this was a sexually motivated crime, not a financially motivated crime, and the offender intended to take JonBenet with him. The ransom note was a distraction. When his original plan failed, he panicked. He defaulted to his primal personality - a sadistic psychopath. He made the spontaneous decision to torture, sexually assault, and murder JonBenet in the basement.
Photo