Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the BORG?
In Star Trek, they are a group known for taking over other thriving communities.  Individuals in those communities are forced to be "assimilated" into the BORG, they are implanted with nanoprobes and become drones who are not allowed to question or debate their host. 

From Wikipedia:

Borg Collective[edit]

Also referred to as the "hive mind" or "collective consciousness", the Borg Collective is a civilization with a group mind. Each Borg individual, or drone, is linked to the collective by a sophisticated subspace network that ensures each member is given constant supervision and guidance. The collective is broadcast over a subspace domain similar to that used by the transporter. Being part of the collective offers significant biomedical advantages to the individual drones. The mental energy of the group consciousness can help an injured or damaged drone heal or regenerate damaged body parts or technology. The collective consciousness not only gives them the ability to "share the same thoughts", but also to adapt with great speed to defensive tactics used against them.

In the Ramsey saga, it isn't much different.  There started out being different theories and different groups were forming, one, the Ramsey supports, was a very small group.  Lots were on the fence and then there were the ones who just believed it had to be the parents.  They started out being just a group with an opinion, but it wasn't long before that became an agenda.  Other posters were more than encouraged to adopt that theory - and if they did not they were criticized, shunned, attacked themselves and sometimes just banned from forums.

The "hive mind" or "collective consciousness", the Borg Collectiv group mind is found in the Ramsey ynch mob.

Each Borg individual, or drone, is linked to the collective by a sophisticated subspace network called the Internet.  Each member is given constant supervision and guidance, told where to post, where not to post, where to read, where not to read.  WHAT not to read.  WHO not to read.

Most members of the Ramsey BORG, for example, have been advised not to read pro-Ramsey books as they might get confused.  They can't read this forum because they may get educated and lose their BORG footing.

Being part of the BORG offers significant emotional advantages to the individual drones. The mental energy of the group consciousness can help an injured or damaged drone heal by assuring them they are right. (Steve Thomas is a good man, he is right and he believes.  or Hell, CBS even showed Burke hitting her in the head!)

The collective consciousness not only gives them the ability to "share the same thoughts", but also to adapt with great speed to defensive tactics used against them.  Like being in a gang (When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way.)  they join forces and intentionally try to "take down" those who wouldn't be assimilated.  (Those who read everything and made educated efforts to find the truth.)

Lou Smit recognized the online (and BOULDER) lynch mob as a BORG type civilization - - he shared that with me and I adopted the term.

That is who BORG is.
In this case, the BORG is the group who quickly jumped to the conclusion that the parents were involved - - and refused to be open minded when it came to evidence of an intruder.

That group was already forming/formed before the end of the year - and that is easy to see by looking at the top of the first lab request.
I need to get this for 12/30/96 The heading is the same, it was listed over and over as a "family kill"    
"RE: Thomas depo 35 - BORG early on"
In response to message #0

Q. Did it strike you as odd that the Boulder Police Department never made a request to the Ramsey
family to obtain the articles of clothing that they wore on the 25th of December for almost a year?
MR. DIAMOND: Are you representing that is the case?
Q. (BY MR. WOOD) I think Mr. Thomas knows that is absolutely the case, don't you?
A. Which question?
Q. That the one that I -- well, the Boulder Police Department didn't ask John and Patsy Ramsey for
the articles of clothing they had worn on the 25th of December, 1996 until almost a year later, true?
A. For a long time, that was a mistake, yes.
Q. Didn't that strike you as odd?
A. That the police did that?
Q. You and the police, you were part of the case?
A. Yes.
Q. Why did you do it?
A. Why did I do what?
Q. Why didn't you ask the Ramseys to give you the articles of clothing they wore?
A. In hindsight, that was important.
Q. You had already concluded that Patsy Ramsey committed the crime before you even asked for
the clothes that she had worn, true?
A. Those should have been collected the first day and they weren't.
Q. You had already concluded that Patsy Ramsey had committed the crime before you even asked
the Ramseys for the clothes they had worn that night, true?
A. It was my belief that that evidence that I'm talking about led to Patsy Ramsey. So yes, she was
the best suspect before we wound up collecting their clothes.
Q. I'm not asking you about who is the best. I'm talking about you, Steve Thomas, a lead detective
had concluded that Patsy Ramsey had killed her daughter, JonBenet, months before you or the Boulder
Police Department even asked for the clothes that she and her husband were wearing that night; is that
true?
MR. DIAMOND: Asked and answered.You can answer.
Q. (BY MR. WOOD) Can I get an answer and then we can move on. Am I correct, sir?
A. That's my belief that she was involved.
Q. And the timing is correct, right?
A. Prior to the retrieval of the clothing, yes.
Q. All right. Thank you. It seems like it was a pretty simple question.
MR. DIAMOND: You wanted to put your words in his mouth and he didn't want to swallow them,
which is his right.
MR. WOOD: Well, the truth then one can surmise why one has difficulty swallowing the truth.
Q. (BY MR. WOOD) Sir, let me ask you --
MR. DIAMOND: That's a hot-headed remark.
MR. WOOD: What?
MR. DIAMOND: That's a hot-headed remark.
MR. WOOD: Well, I don't think it's any more hot headed than your comment made about swallowing
the truth and making -- and taking my words?
MR. DIAMOND: Try swallowing the truth.
MR. WOOD: Your comment, sir, you're the one that got into the swallowing. So, you know, if you
stay away from there, I don't need to go there.