(757) 622-9606

October 16, 1998

Mr. Michael J. Kane, Esq.
Boulder County District Attorney's Office
Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306

Re: Request to Appear Before Grand Jury

Dear Mr. Kane:

This is in response to your October 2, 1998 letter requesting information to help you consider my possible appearance before the grand jury.

With respect to your inquiry, I am confirming the validity of my eight page report dated November 14, 1997, my two page affidavit signed november 13, 1997 and my four page curriculum vitae which was forwarded to you by Darnay Hoffman.

In regards to information you requested in paragraph three of your letter, I have enclosed for you a copy of NADE's (National Association of Document Examiners) bylaws. This booklet will answer the specific questions about NADE. Page one of our bylaws, Article II, lists our objective and purpose. Our membership is open to forensic handwriting experts in the private sectors as well as those forensic handwriting experts that are empolyed by both state and federal government agencies. Page thirteen, fourteen and fifteen will give you the requirements and standards for certification and for re-certification.

In addition, my initial exposure and training to forensic document examnation stemmed for the Internaitonal School of Handwriting Sciences and the National handwriting Indentification Netrwork, which is solely located in San Francsisco, Califorinia. You asked my reasons for leaving these organizations. My answer is simple. I now live in Norfolk, Virginia which is approximately 3,000 miles from San Francisco. Living so far away makes it difficult to attend regular meetings. Belonging to high caliber, nationally recognized associations like NADE and NWFIA (Northwest Fraud Investigators Association) enhance my professional education with shared information among members, journals workshops and conferences.

Also included as part of your request is a list of court cases I have actually testified in. I have included case names and phone numbers of the attorney that retained our firm. You may request the phone number of opposing counsel from the retaining attorney. I do not have that information since I usually do not confer with opposing counsel. In regards to the outcome of cases, I have listed the results of the ones I was informed of. I am retained as an expert witness and most of the time, I arrive to testify in the middle of a trial and leave. It is not procedural or cost effective for my client to have me stay and listen to an entire court trial (that could extend into days) to hear the verdict. But if any additional information about the outcome of cases and any citation to any published decisions which may have resulted from the cases is needed, the retaining attorney in each case would be able to assist you.

As for the college accredited course with Larry Zieglar, who was a forensic document examiner with the FBI at the time, I have included a certificate of completion and a course syllabus for your review.

I hope I have been able to answer all of your questions. If you have additional questions, or if I can be of further help, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Cina L. Wong, BCDE

Messages In This Thread
Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: Cina Wong - by jameson245 - 05-01-2017, 03:56 AM