Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 experts who matter
These experts are the only ones who examined the original handwriting samples. This is lifted directly from Judge Carnes' decision in the Wolf v. Ramsey civil case:
Quote:"Chet Ubowski of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation concluded that the evidence fell short of that needed to support a conclusion that Mrs. Ramsey wrote the note.

Leonard Speckin, a private forensic document examiner, concluded that differences between the writing of Mrs. Ramsey's handwriting and the author of the Ransom Note prevented him from identifying Mrs. Ramsey as the author of the Ransom Note, but he was unable to eliminate her.

Edwin Alford, a private forensic document examiner, states the evidence fell short of that needed to support a conclusion that Mrs. Ramsey wrote the note.

Richard Dusick of the U.S. Secret Service concluded that there was "no evidence to indicate that Patsy Ramsey executed any of the questioned material appearing on the ransom note."

Lloyd Cunningham, a private forensic document examiner hired by defendants, concluded that there were no significant similar individual characteristics shared by the handwriting of Mrs. Ramsey and the author of the Ransom Note, but there were many significant differences between the handwritings.

Finally, Howard Rile concluded that Mrs. Ramsey was between "probably not" and "elimination," on a scale of whether she wrote the Ransom Note."
From http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com

Summary Findings Favorable to Patsy Ramsey being the author of the note

No BPD-Hired experts identified Patsy as RN author
Odds "very Low" Patsy wrote RN
Other individuals not eliminated as RN writer
Numerous significant dissimilarities rule out Patsy
Difficulty of disguising handwriting

Summary Findings Unfavorable to Patsy Ramsey being the author

At least 10 professionals concluded Patsy was author
Caveat: none used original RN or exemplars
Patsy only one of 73 who could not be ruled out
Patsy may have disguised handwriting
Patsy a journalism major
From Paula Woodward's book - these are quotes -

Howard Rile: "In my judgement, the evidence argues very strongly for a writer other than Mrs. Ramsey."

Lloyd Cunningham: "There were no significant individual characteristics, but much significant difference in Patsy's writing and the ransom note."
(03-07-2017, 12:16 AM)jameson245 Wrote:    Patsy a journalism major

How on earth would that be relevant to some midnight 'accident followed by a spontaneious cover-up instead of an instantaneous call to 911'? She had been on the stage years ago too, how would that affect anything. The note is absurd and illogical so it hardly bespeaks expertise.
In the note there is a sentence - "The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do NOT particularly like you...." I have the word NOT in caps but in the note, it was first missing then added to the note with a v indicating where it should be. That mark is commonly used by teachers and editors - and the BORG tried to make it out that few people would ever use that mark - - Patsy being one of them. That was hogwash.
I am hoping to be able to get hold of and post some of these reports in full. For now I have only bits and pieces. But hopefully that will change.

More quotes from actual reports ARE available, however and I will post some here.

Howard Rile - "The evidence argues very strongly for a writer other than Patsy Ramsey.... The questioned note and the handwriting attributed to Patsy Ramsey were very probably not written by the same individual."
Interesting story

Howard Rile and Lloyd Cunningham met with the Boulder police Department in March of 1997. They were explaining to the police their opinions and that included a presentation on how handwriting analysis is done, the fact that it is quite complex. Not only the shape of the letters is taken into consideration but also the distance between letters, the pressure of the pen, the margins.

Anyway, Lloyd Cunningham did a comparison between the ransom note and the writing of a known individual he let viewers believe was Patsy. The officers were sitting on the edge of their seats believing they were seeing evidence Patsy wrote the note.

They were NOT pleased when they found out the handwriting sample was not from Patsy but from someone totally unrelated to the case.

Both Rile and Cunningham were disliked by the BPD because they weren't leaning BORG; their reports would make it harder for the BPD to make a strong case against the Ramseys which was clearly what they had hoped for. The practical joke didn't help the situation.
In the BORG playbook, anything they can say as they point to Patsy is OK, acceptable and encouraged. After all, once it is posted in a BORG forum three times, it becomes BORG fact.
(07-16-2017, 08:57 PM)Dave Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 06:30 PM)jameson245 Wrote: In the note there is a sentence - "The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do NOT particularly like you...."  I have the word NOT in caps but in the note, it was first missing then added to the note with a v indicating where it should be.  That mark is commonly used by teachers and editors - and the BORG tried to make it out that few people would ever use that mark - - Patsy being one of them.  That was hogwash.

I've marked insertions like this (actually inverted 'v')  since I was --- uh --- twelve years old or before.  Are they arguing about a 'v' versus an inverted 'v'?  If so, that's just plain stupid.  Or are they saying that few people use either one?  If the latter, then that doesn't even amount to bullshit.

Absolutely agree. I use the inverted 'v' as well. It's quite common.

There is also quite a bit of hype (BORG enforced) about the use of the word "attaché" stating that Patsy loved the French language ie: naming JonBenet with the use of the accent mark and naming their dog "Jacques" meaning she had to have written the Ransom note. Ridiculous!
And no one really knows if that was meant to be an accent mark or was from the letter on the line above.