Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the broken glass and suitcase
JOHN RAMSEY:  So I went down to the basement. I went into this room with Fleet. I explained to him that this window had been cracked open and I closed it. That the window was broken, but I think it was broken by me once before. We got down on our hands and knees looking for some glass just to see.
LOU SMIT: What did you find?
JOHN RAMSEY: I think we found a few fragments of glass not enough to indicate that it was a fresh break.
LOU SMIT: What did you do with those fragments?
JOHN RAMSEY: We might have put them on the ledge, if I remember. It really wasn't much. We had only found one or two. We might have put them up here on the ledge.
LOU SMIT: Could you have put them on the suitcase?
JOHN RAMSEY: Ahhhh, it's possible but I don't remember doing that.
LOU SMIT: Was the suitcase, when you came back, in the same spot it was when you had been?
JOHN RAMSEY: I think I moved it to see or to look for glass then. But I think it was where I left it, where it was when I was down there before.

John Ramsey, 1998 interview

question posed by Trip Demuth in his presentation:

"Have you tested the top of the suitcase for lime or potassium or the other substances that were located on the floor of the wine cellar?
He may have included the window in his plan only AFTER the murder. There were minutes between the scream Melody heard and the clang sound Luther heard. SickPuppy may well have been assaulting her when she screamed, hit her in the head causing instant silence. He could have dragged her into the windowless room and waited for John or Patsy to investigate the scream, find the empty bed and search the house. Then he may have tried to go out through the basement window because he didn't want to risk going upstairs and running into J or P. If he tried to get out and couldn't because it is a rather high placement,THEN he may have gone back through the basement to find something to use as a step. The popcorn could have been carried in then and he may have grabbed the suitcase then for his escape. That would fit the evidence and timeline.