Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patsy's jacket fibers
Thumbs Down 
10-04-2002 48 Hours Investigates - "Searching for a Killer"

Erin Moriarty: (Talking to Patsy) "What do you think about these fibers?"

Patsy Ramsey:
"After John discovered the body and she was brought to the living room. I laid eyes on her; I knelt down and hugged her. But I was, had my whole body on her body. My sweater fibers or whatever I had on that morning are going to transfer to her clothing."
10-04-2002 48 Hours Investigates - "Searching for a Killer"

Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "You were shown photographed wearing a red out..."

Patsy Ramsey: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "It's kind of a black and red and gray fleece"

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Bruce Levin of the Boulder's district attorneys office led the questioning"

Bruce Levin: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Mrs. Ramsey, I have scientific evidence from forensic scientists that say there are fibers in the paint tray that match your red jacket"

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "The paint tray is significant because a brush from it along with some rope was used to strangle and sexually abuse JonBenet. "

Bruce Levin : (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, was found on the blanket she was wrapped in, was found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth. I have no evidence from any scientist that suggest that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

Lin Wood: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "Well, come on, what other sources did they test."
Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "After three days of questioning, the interrogation in 1998 ended and even
though the Ramsey's were not indicted, Boulder authorities continued to believe they were guilty. So
in August of 2000, prosecutors flew to Atlanta, where the Ramseys were living, asking to see and hear
new evidence. 48 Hours has also acquired those tapes.

Michael Kane: (Atlanta meeting taped August 29, 2000 9:34am) "If ever there were going to be an
intruder on trial the defense is going to be that you did it. Remember that?"

John Ramsey: "I remember that, but I am not here to prove my innocence, I'm here to find the killer of
my daughter"

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "With John, prosecutors asked questions mostly about leads he had
uncovered on other suspects, but with Patsy, interrogators were more accusatory, suggesting they
had new evidence, clothing fibers that would tie her directly to the murder."

Bruce Levin: "You were shown photographed wearing a red coat"

Patsy Ramsey: "It's kind of a black and red and gray fleece"

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Bruce Levin from the Boulder's district attorney's office led the
questioning"

Bruce Levin: "Mrs. Ramsey, I have scientific evidence from forensic scientists that say there are fibers
in the paint tray that match your red jacket."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "The paint tray is significant because a brush from it, along with some
rope, was used to strangle and sexually abuse JonBenét."

Bruce Levin: To Lin Wood - "We believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, were found tied into the ligature found on JonBenét's neck, were found on the blanket that she was wrapped in, were found on the duct tape that was found on the mouth."
To Patsy: "I have no evidence from any scientist that suggests that those fibers are from any source other than your red jacket."

Lin Wood: "Well, come on, what other sources did they test."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "Patsy's attorney, Lin Wood asked prosecutors to produce the evidence
and when they wouldn't, he refused to let Patsy go on the record. But she did go on the record with
us."

Erin Moriarty to Patsy: "What do you think about these fibers?"

Patsy Ramsey: "After John discovered the body and she was brought to the living room, when I laid
eyes on her; I knelt down and hugged her. But I was, had my whole body on her body. My sweater
fibers or whatever I had on that morning are going to transfer to her clothing. "

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "In all the questioning, the prosecutors focused more on Patsy than John,
following their belief that she was the killer."

Detective Tom Haney to Patsy Ramsey: "JonBenét got up and somebody in that house - legally,
lawfully, in that house - one of the three of you - also happens to be up, or gets up because she makes
noise, and there is some discussion, or something happens, there's an accident, somebody........."

Patsy Ramsey: "You're going down the wrong path, buddy."

Detective Tom Haney: "Okay, somebody accidentally or somebody gets upset over bedwetting. That's
one of the things that's been proposed, okay?"

Patsy Ramsey: "Didn't happen. If she got up in the night and ran into somebody, it was somebody
there that wasn't supposed to be there. I don't know what transpired after that, whether it was an
accident, intentional, premeditated or what not, but it was not one of her three family members that
were also in that house. Period. End of statement."

Erin Moriarty: (Voice Over) "These tapes don't always show the Ramsey's at their best, but
remarkably, it was the Ramseys who made them available, saying they want all the information on this
case out in the open. As for the Boulder Police and prosecutors, they denied repeated requests from
48 Hours to discuss these tapes or any of the issues we're raising tonight. Their only comment on the
Ramsey murder investigation is 'no comment'"

Patsy Ramsey: (June 1998 police interrogation tape) "I mean, I appreciate being here. I appreciate it. It's very hard to be here, but it's a damn sight harder to be sitting at home in Atlanta Georgia wondering every second of every day what you guys are doing out here. You know, have you found anything? Are we any closer? Is the guy out here watching my house? You know, is my son safe? My life has been hell from that day forward and I want nothing more than to find out who is responsible for this."