Forums
Patsy in interviews - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://webbsleuths.org)
+-- Forum: Ramsey Discussion (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ransom Note (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=372)
+--- Thread: Patsy in interviews (/showthread.php?tid=1289)

Patsy in interviews - jameson245 - 09-15-2018

From April, 1997 interview with Tom Trujillo and Steve Thomas

TT: Okay. You come the spiral staircase. You talked about the note being on the, on the stair, um, do you have any idea which stair that note was on. How far up from the bottom or anything?
PR: I think it was like, the, about the third or somewhere around there.
TT: Okay.
PR: Cause I went down to the bottom and turned around and read it, you know, like kind of leaned over it looking at it.
TT: Okay. So, it, as it was laid out and you look, you’re standing on the bottom stair or the front . . .
PR: On the floor, yeah.
TT: . . .your looking at it, was it laid out from left to right like you would normally . . .
PR: Yeah.
TT: . . .read a book or something?
PR: Yeah, um hum.
TT: Okay. Um, at that point in time, do you have to step on the note or did you step over it when you came down?
PR: I probably stepped over it.
PR: Cause we sometimes lay papers and stuff there to go up and. . .
TT: Um hum. (Inaudible)
PR: . . .if you step on it you might slip. . .
TT: Hurt yourself.
PR: . . .you know. I don’t, don’t think I stepped on it.
TT: Okay. You pick up the note and start to read it, um, go back upstairs to JonBenet’s room? Is that correct?
PR: Well, I don’t remember if I picked it or, or just leaned over and read it. I can’t remember. I don’t think I picked it up cause I remember just then bounding up the stairs toward her room.
TT: Do you remember hitting any of those papers, maybe sliding or anything as you were running back up to your room.
PR: I don’t remember. I just ran as fast as I could.
TT: Okay. And again when you opened her door, no lights on that you can remember in that room?
PR: Um, her, I know her main lights was not on. Her bathroom light might have been on. I don’t remember.
TT: Okay. Now does she have any little plug in nightlights into the wall or anything like that that she sleeps with.
PR: Um, no.
TT: Okay. She just has a little . . .
PR: Well, the Christmas tree. She had a Christmas tree in there and that, that might have been on. I don’t remember if it was or not. I just don’t remember. I just remember pushing the door open, looking at the bed and she wasn’t in there.
TT: Okay. Were the sheets pulled down, the uh, the comforter and everything pulled down on the bed?
PR: They were kind of ruffled up, you know.
TT: Ruffled up as pulled up towards the top or ruffled . . .
PR: Toward the bottom.
TT: Down towards the bottom of the bed?
PR: Well, I mean, I just looked at it for a split second. I knew she wasn’t there and I screamed.
TT: Okay. You yelled for John. John comes down. Okay, what happened, where did John read the note at when he read it?
PR: Downstairs.
TT: Okay. Where, where was . . .
PR: Down, down in the, you know, on, not, not in the laundry room area, but down. I said there’s a note down there.
TT: Okay. Down towards the butler’s kitchen in that area?
PR: No, not all the way down there. On the wooden floor . . .
PR: . . .right there by the TV room.
TT: Okay um. . .
PR: He, I remember him, while I was calling 911, he was hunched over the note and had it laid out there on the floor cause thee was a light. It was still kind of darkish and there was a light, hallway light on . . .
TT: Um hum.
PR: . . .he was, you know, reading it there.
TT: Okay. Patsy, do you recall who moved the note from the bottom of the stairs down to where John could read it with the good lighting.
PR: I think he did. I, I (inaudible) . . .
PR: . . .don’t remember exactly, but, I mean it was just, I was just, I was just nuts I (inaudible)
TT: Okay. Where, where were you at when you called 911 cause I know there’s . .
PR: Kitchen.
TT: . . .quite a few phones in the house. (Inaudible) kitchen phone there?
PR: Um hum.
TT: Okay. Is that a cordless phone.
PR: No.
TT: Just a, it’s a regular wall phone right?
PR: Right.

RE: Patsy in interviews - jameson245 - 09-16-2018

ST: Patsy, when you came downstairs on the morning of the 26th and discovered the note laid out as you described on the uh, uh one of the steps, do you recall, at that point, and can you recount for me, at what point you touched the note? Were you the one that, did you grab it and run upstairs with it or were you the one that moved it to the floor? Give me an idea of what points that morning you handled the note.
PR: That was a lot in one question.
ST: Okay. When you came down the stairs the first time did you touch the note that time?
PR: I don’t recall dong that but…
ST: Okay.
PR: …I may have.
ST: Do you recall uh, did the note go back upstairs with you when you went up to check JonBenet’s room?
PR: I don’t remember exactly, but I don’t think so. I think I just, you know, pounced up the stairs as fast as I could. I don’t, I don’t think I took it with me.
ST: Do you recall moving the note from the stairs to it’s eventual position where John read it on the floor?
PR: I, I don’t recall moving it. No.
ST: Do you ever recall touching the note?
PR: Um, not specifically, but I may have. I mean there, later on that morning there were, the note was on the coffee table and I remember, in the TV room, and we were talking about did anybody recognize the handwriting, so I may have touched it then…
PR: …but I just can’t remember.
ST: So certainly your fingerprints may very well be on the note and, and, and explained that way?
PR: Right. I, I, mean I may have touched it you know.
ST: Okay. When you uh, after the note and after what I’m assuming is just sort of pandemonium, after seeing the note, uh, and you called for John, you went to the kitchen and called 911?
PR: Well…
ST: Is that right?
PR: …I called, um, I, ran up and opened, you know, pushed open her door and realized she wasn’t there and I ran to the stairwell that goes up to our room and called for John and, and, then, you know, momentarily went downstairs to the kitchen to call.
ST: Was that when John was checking Burke and the rest of the house that you made that call?
PR: Uh, I believe so. I mean everything just happened so fast right there. I, I don’t remember, I just remember at one point, you know, we were saying what about Burke and John ran into check Burke and I ran back downstairs and then suddenly he was downstairs and I mean it was just…
PR: …so fast, you know, everything.
ST: Um, and obviously Burke was Okay and he was able to sleep through this until he was later awakened. Is that right?
ST: Okay. U

ST: Was that when John was checking Burke and the rest of the house that you made that call?
PR: Uh, I believe so. I mean everything just happened so fast right there. I, I don’t remember, I just remember at one point, you know, we were saying what about Burke and John ran into check Burke and I ran back downstairs and then suddenly he was downstairs and I mean it was just…
PR: …so fast, you know, everything.
ST: Um, and obviously Burke was Okay and he was able to sleep through this until he was later awakened. Is that right?
ST: Okay. Um, but at some point John came back and caught up with you. You don’t recall if it was during the 911 call or after.
PR: Well I remember I, I remember myself being of the phone and he was crouched down on the floor there in the hallway looking, reading at the note.
PR: And I was on the phone so I don’t know which happened first or it, simultaneously or.
PR: I remember as I was talking to that person looking down at him in his underwear reading the note.
ST: And it must have felt like forever, but it was a matter of minutes that the first officer then later arrived. Is that right?

TT: …(Inaudible). Um, did you ever get a chance before the officer got there to read the whole note other than just the first little bit when you talked about when you first read it? Did you ever get a chance to, to read through that…
PR: I think I glanced back at it. I looked at the, to see who had signed it.
PR: But I did not…
TT: Didn’t read word for word (inaudible). Okay. Later on when you kind of had a chance when the note was laid in, in the TV room there, you guys had kind of chance to look it over. Anything, any of the wording seem significant to you. Anything jump out at you from reading that note?
PR: I just, you know, I just, I didn’t really read it. I just couldn’t bear to read it.
PR: So, I mean I just, you know, I kind of glanced at it to kind of see if I recognized the handwriting, but I just, I never, I don’t know if I ever did read the whole thing.
TT: Okay. So, let me make sure I got this right. You read a little bit of it. The first part of it at the very beginning, got the flavor for what had gone on and then you remember reading the signature and that, that’s about the extent of the note you read?
PR: Right. I mean I, you know, I might have glanced and seen the $118,000…
PR: …but I don’t, I didn’t read the whole thing.
TT: Okay. And I know someone covered a little bit on you, you run upstairs to JonBenet’s room. You go to the foot of the stairs going up towards your room. Is that right?
PR: Uh huh.
TT: Um, yell and John. Scream.
PR: And just call his name John, you know, John.
TT: Okay. Loud and vocal or just…
PR: Well, as loud as I could. I mean I remember my voice kind of cracking cause I was just…
PR: …panicked. You know, but as loud as I could. I think he got the message something was wrong.
TT: Okay. Um, again, do you remember what you told John about JonBenet missing and the note? Do you remember the conversation that you had?
PR: It said she’s been kidnapped. I don’t remember exactly. I mean I was just out of my mind. I, I think she’s been kidnapped. There’s a note. We’ve got to do something, I mean, I just can’t remember what, I was just running around like crazy
TT: Okay. From the time you made the 911 call to the police, John’s on the floor reading the note, till the time the officer, the first officer gets there, other than call the Fernies and the Whites, what else did you do in that, that amount of time? Do you recall doing any other items.
PR: I just prayed. I just prayed and prayed and prayed.
TT: Okay. Do you know where John, John went through his movements throughout the house?
PR: Well, I, I mean, he went back upstairs I presume, and then he came down dressed.
TT: Uh huh.
PR: So, I didn’t really . . .
TT: And, the house is kind of, it’s spread out. I mean . . .
PR: Um huim.
TT: Are you guys using the back part of the house to go up and down . . .
PR: Yeah.
TT: . . .for the most part?
PR: Um hum.
TT: Okay. And the note was on, the note was on the floor and John was reading it when you called the police. Is that right?
PR: When I was calling the police. Yeah, he, it was on the floor there in that back hall.
TT: Okay. And you don’t recall who laid the note down there.

ST: Patsy, did you write the note?
PR: No, I did not write the note.
ST: Is there any reason, Patsy, that your blatted print of your hand will be on that paper when it tests?
PR: I did not write the note and I don’t, what’s blatted?
ST: This portion of your hand.
PR: I don’t know. I mean, I picked it up or touched it, it may be on there, but I did not write the note.
ST: You can appreciate Patsy, and I watched on CNN, and I tried to follow this point closely. We know that we’re not a large police department, and I’m certainly the first to ask for help when something’ beyond me or to go to experts. And I’m a little concerned because we’ve gone to the experts, the FBI, and Secret Service and Interpol and they told us there’s not an SBTC, and we’re having trouble with this small foreign faction, and the FBI guys in Quantico say that there were steps taken to make this look like something that it wasn’t.
PR: I’m losing you here. We having trouble with our what small foreign faction, what’s that?
ST: That was listed here in the note. That was some of the content of the note. But these guys at Quantico, Virginia with the FBI who do this day in and day out, told me they told Tom, they said, we’re having trouble wit the note. Because this is what we see in the movies, but not I real life. And whoever did this, all that was done was done and all that was made was made to make us look as something that wasn’t there. And they think that this was an accident and panic on someone’s part and that there was no initial intent to harm, but that things simply got out of hand. And patsy, I’ve got to ask you, and I’ll ask you right now, did you participate in anyway in the death or the events after the death of JonBenet?
PR: No, absolutely not.
ST: Patsy, do you have any knowledge of John participating in this in any way?
PR: No.
ST: If that were the case, would you come forward and tell me?
PR: Of course, yes.
ST: Patsy, will you continue to cooperate with us in the future as its appropriate, and certainly under the advice of your attorney, but at some point, if we could take you out of the bucket and of this list. This has been my life 100 hours a week, since December 28th, and come to the table and get on our side if we can positively and definitively eliminate you from involvement in this?
PR: Absolutely, I mean, I want to work with you. Everyday and every minute if it will help.
ST: Let me ask you one other thing Patsy. I’m no expert in handwriting, but I am concerned. And I’ll share with you quite frankly that I’m concerned and I’m having trouble moving away from you as being potentially involved, because the handwriting experts say, Steve, this means nothing to you because you’re not an expert, but we’re seeing some indications that you may have authored that note. Is there any reason at all that you can think of, why these experts would say that?
PR: I, I mean I don’t, I’m not a handwriting person. I’ve given handwriting after handwriting, after handwriting. You know, maybe it’s a female that wrote the note. I mean, I don’t know. I mean, I don’t know how to analyze handwriting, but I’m sure they’re doing the best they now how to do. But, I don’t know what else to do, you know. I write like I write.
ST: Patsy, has everything that you’ve told us today been voluntary and truthful?
PR: Yes.
ST: Tom, that’s all the questions I have.
TT: Patsy, is there anything else that you know of at this point and why it would point us towards a specific suspect?
PR: Not that I can think of right now.
TT: OK. Anything that we haven’t asked you that we need you to think of, that we need to talk about, anything at all.
PR: I don’t know, but you think of anything else, call me.
TT: OK.
PR: Is that all right?
TT: OK.
PR: I mean really and truly, I want to, I mean you say you thought about it 100 hours a day, I’ve thought about it every waking, sleeping moment, you know. God, and I want to work wit you, you know. John and I both. Please. You know, I can’t tell you how much we want to work with you. So, anything else, ask me.