Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BORG peer pressure
I made friends with several reporters on this case - both BORG and IDI. I really didn't have any problem spending time with any of them. It was interesting to sit and debate things, and they enjoyed it as much as I did or they would have kept calling.

It became clear pretty early on that Boulder was a small town and anyone who went against the grain would be shunned by the rest of the group. They weren't greeted at the bookstore, no one joined their table at Pasta Jay's. I know a couple were really hurt. One even rejoined the BORG mob because it was "just too hard". The stories that reporter wrote tended to be a BIT softer, but BORG nonetheless.

Lou Smit was brought in and he said in his interviews, he was told a story that made it clear the family did it -- no footprints in the snow, etc. But when he got into the office and saw the photos - it was clear they lied. Read Thomas' book -- the BORG was so MAD he wouldn't just let it be, keep his mouth shut and let them make a case - any case - against the parents.

Seriously, read Thomas' book -- he admits it -- he was BORG and not about to change his mind.

Enter Peter Boyles with his acid tongue, the man is evil but will tell you, that's show business! Enter Boyles and he would tear apart anyone who disagreed with him, try to embarrass them, get those ratings up. But if you went on and told horrible stories about the Ramseys, you had a friend. Craig Silverman earned my disrespect over and over because he simply didn't care about any of the truth, he was BORG, belonged in the BORG gang and nothing was going to change his mind. His emails and interviews proved that, and I have no respect for him at all now. He should have known better. But he was a man I would NEVER hold up as a good man.
I have emails from Newsweek reporter Sherry Keene-Osborne and Internet poster Wilton Towe who used the screen name Anderson - - both described the pressure put on them by BORG to stay on "the right side of the fence" or feel their lashes. Sherry stuck to her guns and earned my highest respect for following the evidence and doing what was right every step of the way. Wilton, however, couldn't stand the nastiness they slung at him and wrote me an apology before turning coat and bashing me. (That after posting that he had met me in person, spent time with me and actually LIKED me!) I accepted his weakness and his posts - and kept the email to remind myself that some people just can't go against the crowd.

I haven't seen anything from him in years and assume he left the discussion for personal reasons. Just as I and a few others chose to stay for our own personal reasons.
WILTON Towe Jr passed away on feb 21st, 2021 due to complications from pneumonia.
Mr. Wilton Anderson Towe, Jr, age 53, of Adairsville, passed away peacefully Saturday, February 21, 2021, at Cartersville Medical Center.

Mr. Towe was born in Cartersville, GA, November 28, 1967, son of Carol Quarles Towe and the late Wilton Anderson Towe, Sr. Wilton enjoyed dedicating his time advocating and counseling people with AIDS Alliance Northwest Georgia. He was jokestor with a keen sense. He enjoyed country music, big fan of Eurythmic, but mostly loved being with his husband, family, and fur babies. He was preceded in death by his father and sister, Teresa Carol McClure.

Survivors include his loving husband of 24 years, Robert Souza; mother, Carol Towe; nephews, Bennett and Chase McClure; precious fur babies, Willie, Lucy, Batman, and Smokey.

The family will receive friends Friday from 3:00 PM until 6:00 PM at the Barton Funeral Home.

Flower will be accepted or donation can be made in Wilton's Memory to Paw Angels Rescue, Calhoun at pawangelsrescue.com

Family and friends attending services will be required to wear face mask and observe social distancing.

R. Dudley Barton & Son Funeral Home, Adairsville, is in charge of funeral arrangements for Mr. Wilton Anderson Towe, Jr.