Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/3/1997 Associated Press list of questions
Local women have questions for Ramseys

Associated Press

Saturday, May 3, 1997

Sixteen callers, all women, answered Friday's Infocall question, "If you could have asked John and Patsy Ramsey one question during their interview, what would it have been?"

Some callers may have found it difficult to get through because the Daily Camera's telephones didn't work for a time Friday.
A sampling of the public's questions regarding the Ramseys and the murder of their daughter:

Would either of you be prepared to take a lie-detector test?
- Female, Boulder

To John: If the police found the door to the basement room jammed, why didn't you open it for them as you obviously did later in the day?
- Female, Boulder

Where was her dog at time of the murder?
- Female, Boulder

Why are you so controlling rather than cooperating with the police? What are you afraid of?
- Female, Boulder

I would like to ask them and the police, from the beginning, why the ransom note has not been published.
- Female, Boulder

Why weren't you on TV or with the media immediately after your daughter was murdered? I don't understand.
- Female, Boulder

I would like to know why would they move their daughter's body from the basement if they are innocent?
- Senior female, Boulder

I was wondering what your investigators have come up with since they have been on this case four months and you have spent all this money investigating it yourself. Have they had any clues?
- Female, Niwot
You said that only one afternoon a month on a Sunday was she involved in pageants. I would like to know the total time for fitting and measuring those costumes, the total time to learn the words to those songs that were old and outdated, and the total time for learning those adult sultry movements that were movements more than dance. Those movements and costumes were stylish when John was in his teens and 20s.
- Woman, Longmont

How could you do something so self-serving? I think the whole thing Thursday was disgusting.
- Female, Boulder

If you have nothing to hide, why did you refuse to be interviewed by police unless given their records ahead of time?
- Female, Boulder
Local women have questions for Ramseys
And after 20 years, some answers (by jameson, these were not submitted to John but I wanted to respond as I was moving the article to this forum)

Would either of you be prepared to take a lie-detector test?

ANSWER_ _ _ YES. We told the police we were willing and they did nothing to follow through on that. Later we insisted on being tested by an independent polygrapher and were found to be truthful.

To John: If the police found the door to the basement room jammed, why didn't you open it for them as you obviously did later in the day?

THE POLICE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A JAMMED DOOR. THE DOOR WAS NOT JAMMED BUT LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE AND THEY CHOSE NOT TO OPEN IT.

Where was her dog at time of the murder?
HER DOG SPENT 99% OF HIS TIME ACROSS THE STREET WITH THE BARNHILL'S. HE WAS THERE.

Why are you so controlling rather than cooperating with the police? What are you afraid of?

THE OBVIOUS LYNCH MOB

I would like to ask them and the police, from the beginning, why the ransom note has not been published.
THE RAMSEYS WANTED IT RELEASED IMMEDIATELY SO SOMEONE MIGHT IDENTIFY THE AUTHOR BUT THE POLICE WERE CALLING THE SHOTS.

Why weren't you on TV or with the media immediately after your daughter was murdered? I don't understand.

PATSY COULDN'T HANDLE GOING TO THE TOILET WITHOUT ASSISTANCE. JOHN WAS NOT MUCH BETTER OFF. THEY WENT ON CNN LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE MURDER. SORRY IF THAT WAS TOO LONG FOR YOU TO WAIT.

I would like to know why would they move their daughter's body from the basement if they are innocent?

BECAUSE LEAVING HER LYING ON THE BASEMENT FLOOR WOULD BE HEARTLESS.

I was wondering what your investigators have come up with since they have been on this case four months and you have spent all this money investigating it yourself. Have they had any clues?

YES, AND THEY HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING UP ON THEM. BECAUSE THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF LEADS AND ONLY ONE GUILTY PARTY, IT WOULD NOT BE WISE TO MAKE THE LIST OF SUSPECT NAMES AND LEADS PUBLIC. INVESTIGATIONS ARE BEST DONE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS AT THIS POINT.

You said that only one afternoon a month on a Sunday was she involved in pageants. I would like to know the total time for fitting and measuring those costumes, the total time to learn the words to those songs that were old and outdated, and the total time for learning those adult sultry movements that were movements more than dance. Those movements and costumes were stylish when John was in his teens and 20s.

NO ONE WAS KEEPING TRACK OF THE TIME. IT WAS A FUN WAY TO PASS TIME AND NO ONE THOUGHT THEY'D HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR IT.

How could you do something so self-serving? I think the whole thing Thursday was disgusting.

IT WASN'T FUN OR EASY IF THAT WAS THE QUESTION. YOUR OPINION IS UNFORTUNATE BUT EVERYONE GETS TO HAVE ONE.

If you have nothing to hide, why did you refuse to be interviewed by police unless given their records ahead of time?

THE POLICE WERE ALREADY PUTTING OUT MISINFORMATION AND WE DIDN'T WANT TO HELP THE LYNCH MOB. THE LAWYERS ADVISED US TO DO IT THAT WAY AND WE CHOSE TO TAKE THEIR ADVICE. THE POLICE WERE THE ONES PUTTING OFF INTERVIEWS AS IF TALKING TO US AT THE FERNIE HOUSE WOULD CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED.