Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Hunter did not go forward
Hunter made a short impromptu announcement on October 13, 1999, and held a longer press conference on October 14, 1999. On October 13, he said:
The Boulder grand jury has completed its work and will not return. No charges have been filed. The grand jurors have done their work extraordinarily well, bringing to bear all of their legal powers, life experiences and shrewdness.
Yet, I must report to you that I, and my prosecution task force, believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time. Under Colorado law, the proceedings of the grand jury are secret. Under no circumstances will I, or any of my advisers, prosecutors, the law enforcement officers working on this case, or the grand jurors, discuss grand jury proceedings today, or ever, unless ordered by the court.
On October 14, 1999, accompanied by fellow prosecutors on the case, he said:
We have eight career prosecutors with many, many years of service, who together have concluded that there is insufficient evidence to bring charges at this time.

Messages In This Thread
Why Hunter did not go forward - by jameson245 - 04-17-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Why Hunter did not go forward - by jameson245 - 04-19-2019, 07:52 PM
RE: Why Hunter did not go forward - by jameson245 - 04-19-2019, 08:00 PM