Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shirley Brady
Friday, January 24, 1997
Authorities are investigating the possibility of past child abuse in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, sources said Thursday.
Over the past several weeks, police have questioned friends and relatives of the Ramseys about the family's behavior.
"They asked me if the first divorce ended because of child abuse or if I had heard anything about child abuse ever mentioned," said Shirley Brady, the Ramsey's nanny in Georgia from 1986 to 1989. "And they asked me how the children acted when they were around their daddy."

"I told them (the police) that the Ramseys were the kindest, most loving parents that I've ever met," Brady said. "They never hit their children. I never heard them even speak a harsh word to their children. It's insane to think that the family could do anything like this."
Police have questioned friends and relatives about the family.
"They asked me if the (John Ramsey's) first divorce ended because of child abuse and ... how the children acted when they were around their daddy," said Shirley Brady, the Ramseys' nanny in Atlanta from 1986 to 1989. "I told them there was no way the divorce could have ended because of child abuse and that the children loved being around their daddy. He was gentle and he adored them."

1/26/1997 news