Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Carnes' decision in Wolf lawsuit
The Whites arrived at defendant's home at approximately 6:00 a.m., and Mr. White, alone, searched the basement within fifteen minutes of arrival. (SMF ¶ 23; PSMF ¶ 23.)

Mr. White testified that when he began his search, the lights were already on in the basement and the door in the hallway leading to the basement "wine cellar" room10 was opened. (SMF ¶ 25; PSMF ¶ 25; White Dep. at 147, 151-52.)

He further testified that a window in the basement playroom was broken. (SMF ¶ 26; PSMF ¶ 26; White Dep. at 28, 152 & 154.)

Under the broken window, Mr. White states there was a suitcase, along with a broken shard of glass. (SMF ¶ 27; PSMF ¶ 27; White Dep. at 28-29, 156-59, & 265.)

He does not, however, remember whether the window was opened or closed.11 (SMF ¶ 28; PSMF ¶ 28; White Dep. at 153.)

Mr. White also opened the door to the wine cellar room, but he could not see anything inside because it was dark and he could not find the light switch. (SMF ¶29; PSMF ¶29; White Dep. at 159-61.)
Later that afternoon, Mr. Ramsey and Mr. White together returned to the basement at the suggestion of the Boulder Police. (SMF ¶ 32; PSMF ¶ 32; White Dep. at 212-217; J. Ramsey Dep. at 17-20.)

During this joint search of the basement, the men first examined the playroom and observed the broken window. (SMF ¶ 33; PSMF ¶ 33.)

The men next searched a shower stall located in the basement. (SMF ¶ 34; PSMF ¶ 34.)

Mr. Ramsey then noticed a heavy fireplace grate propped in front of a closet and Mr. White moved the grate so the closet could be searched. (SMF ¶ 35; PSMF ¶ 35.)

Upon finding nothing unusual in the closet, the men proceeded to the wine cellar room. Mr. Ramsey entered the room first, turned on the light and, upon discovery of JonBenet's dead body, he exclaimed "Oh my God, my baby." (SMF ¶ 36, 37; PSMF ¶ 36, 37; White Dep. at 162-63, 193-93.)
Ok, I never noticed this before:

Mr. White testified that when he began his search, the lights were already on in the basement and the door in the hallway leading to the basement "wine cellar" room10 was opened. (SMF ¶ 25; PSMF ¶ 25; White Dep. at 147, 151-52.)

So is Fleet saying that the door to the basement was open?  Fleet checked the basement before JR did, right?  So the lights were on and the door in the hallway to basement was open?  This, along with statements I read where chairs and objects in front of train room and hall to wine cellar were moved around, makes me question whether the intruder was still in the house when 911 was called and escaped out the butler door.