Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linda Arndt on GMA
FRIDAY GMA ARNDT TRANSCRIPT 9-17-99
Vargus: You have filed a lawsuit against the BPD. Why?
Arndt: I had no other option. I went from a stellar reputation to being seen as the village idiot. All I
ask is, was that you correct the record. You know these things are wrong. Say it or let me say it.
And I was given no other option.
(VOICE OVER) Arndt's lawsuit claims the BPD violated her rights to free speech by preventing her
from defending her reputation. She points to reports like this article that says it was largely Arndt's
responsibility for sending the Ramsey case down the wrong track. And what of criticism that Arndt
stonewalled another detective?
Arndt: This detective came to me in, uh, April, end of April in '98. I told him that, uh, what he
wanted I had given him already and he could refer to my reports. If you've ever been through a
traumatic incident, you suppress so you can survive and go on. And when you talk about it, it is
rarely done and usually done to people that you trust.
Vargus: You didn't trust him (or them)
Arndt: Not at all
(VO) As it turns out the BPD was already split into factions with trust already eroding. Arndt says
much of what she did was misinterpreted, such as rumors of a nervous breakdown. Arndt says she
simply needed to take some time off.
Arndt: Was I tired? Absoluetly. I had committed my whole being to this case. It was exhausting and I
was spent.
(VO) Last April Linda Arndt resigned from the BPD from a job she says she loved for eight years.
Arndt: Oh, I loved the challenge.
Vargus: And you were good at it.
Arndt: I was good
Vargus: You were detective of the year (image shown of plaque from 1994)
Arndt. I was good. I loved it. I loved the work.
(VO) Nearly three years after the death of JonBenét Ramsey the case remains unsolved. But Linda
Arndt says she is sure who the killer is.
Arndt: I know who kill JonBenét. There's no doubt in my mind who killed JonBenét. And until, while
this investigation is still ongoing, I don't think it's appropriate I say the name out loud.
Vargus: Do you think this person will ever be indicted?
Arndt: No. The person who killed JonBenét will not see justice as we would like to see. No, I don't
believe that will happen.

Messages In This Thread
Linda Arndt on GMA - by jameson245 - 02-22-2020, 01:44 AM
RE: Linda Arndt on GMA - by jameson245 - 02-22-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Linda Arndt on GMA - by jameson245 - 02-22-2020, 01:46 AM
RE: Linda Arndt on GMA - by jameson245 - 02-22-2020, 01:46 AM
RE: Linda Arndt on GMA - by jameson245 - 02-22-2020, 01:47 AM
mega_teletype_1 - by HowardJes - 6 hours ago