The Final Suspects
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-kil...oplay=true

Episode Info

In this special behind the scenes episode of The Killing Of JonBenet: The Final Suspects, the audience is brought into the inner circle of the investigative team as they listen into a production meeting at the onset of the project. Executive Producers Dylan Howard and Matt Sprouse talk to investigative reporters Doug Longhini and Doug Montero, as well as the mysterious internet expert known only as Jameson, about the upcoming investigation that will utilize deceased lead detective Lou Smit’s list of uncleared suspects. If you have information that could help our investigators and the Ramseys identify JonBenet’s killer, please email us at tips@justiceforjonbenet.com
Hi Jams,

Great first episode!

Dave
US magazine

‘The Killing of JonBenet: The Final Suspects’ Producer Shares John Ramsey’s ‘Heartbreaking’ New Confession

Ahead of the premiere of “The Killing of JonBenét: The Final Suspects,” executive producer Dylan Howard met up with the late JonBenét Ramsey’s father, John Ramsey, who participated in the highly anticipated podcast.
“He said something that was so heartbreaking,” Howard reveals in a special behind-the-scenes episode. “He said to me that JonBenét was killed because of him.”
The investigative journalist explains that John, 76, believes he and JonBenét were “targeted” ahead of her death in December 1996.
JonBenét Ramsey Memorabilia Collector Selling Murdered Tot’s Tricycle For $100,000
“He had just sold his business to a significant company that obviously gave him millions and millions of dollars. So someone may have been jealous of his success,” Howard speculates. “He said to me, ‘I live every day knowing that my daughter was killed, likely, because of me.’ And that broke my heart.”
John and Patsy Ramsey leave their attorney Lin Wood’s office during a break in the Ramseys’ questioning by Boulder, Colorado, authorities in Atlanta, Georgia.
Fellow executive producer Matt Sprouse notes that John is aware it may be “too late to get justice” in the unsolved case, but the businessman hopes “to get these answers for his children and his grandchildren.”
“He knows that it’s too late to get justice in some ways for JonBenét because someone has gotten away with this for 23 years, but at least he can go to his grave knowing that he found answers for his family,” Sprouse says.
Suspected Killer Conducts Séance To Contact Slain Pageant Princess JonBenét Ramsey
JonBenét was found dead on Christmas Day at her family’s home in Boulder, Colorado. A handwritten ransom note was also infamously discovered in the house.
Initially, authorities suspected that John and his wife, Patsy Ramsey, were involved in the murder, but the couple, along with JonBenét’s brother, Burke Ramsey, were eventually cleared.
If you have information that could help investigators and the Ramseys identify JonBenét’s killer, please email tips@justiceforjonbenet.com.
The post ‘The Killing of JonBenet: The Final Suspects’ Producer Shares John Ramsey’s ‘Heartbreaking’ New Confession appeared first on RadarOnline.
There are several problems with this podcast on Stitcher.

The second episode, Christmas Tragedy, has a misstatement of fact early on when Cyril Wecht and another person are describing the injuries to JonBenét.  At one point, the speaker other than Wecht says, " ... cracking those two occipital lobes."  Lobes cannot be cracked because they are not bones.  Also, there is only one occipital bone. I've notified Doug Longhini, hoping that this will get fixed because it makes the commentators look like they don't know what they're talking about.

Stitcher has mixed episodes of the killing of Marily Monroe (as opposed to suicide) with the killing of JonBenét so that if you view episodes of The Killing of JonBenét, you'll see episodes of both of these shows listed together as if they were one show.  I've notified Stitcher because this makes their work look sloppy. Edit: This is a producer problem, not the fault of Stitcher.

I've found that the Firefox browser isn't fully supported under Stitcher, either.  If you go to the site at this time, neither "Get the App" nor "Listen" work as selections under either Windows 10 or Ubuntu Linux.  Again, this makes their work look sloppy as if they never tested Firefox.  The site does work with Edge.

I was disappointed that no mention was made of the punched-out fragment of bone that was part of JonBenét's skull fracture.  This fragment is very important because the ultimate yield strength for shear stress of bone is very high.  The fact that there is such a fragment makes it impossible for Patsy and unlikely for anyone else whomsoever to have slammed JonBenét into something like a bathtub as described by disgraced former detective Steve Thomas.  The existence of this fragment severely limits the type of injury that could possibly have caused it, and it severely limits the type of surface that came into contact with her head.  The radius of curvature of whatever struck her is about one-quarter of an inch.  It also renders this injury nearly impossible to have been an accident.  Someone would have had to have been wildly swinging a golf club, a fire poker, a flashlight, etc. about in the middle of the night while JonBenét just happened to walk into it, or while they walked toward JonBenét.  Furthermore, the evidence from autopsy suggests that while this was happening, JonBenét was already dead or dying.

I hope that they discuss this skull frament in later episodes.  I also hope that the producers of this show and the folks at Stitcher take more care in production in the future.  The main reason that JonBenét has not received justice is that so many people have failed her.
I heard back from Stitcher support.  They say that the podcaster is responsible for mixing up the episodes of the killing of Marilyn Monroe (as opposed to suicide) with the killing of JonBenét.  I cannot help but wonder if the fact that the two podcasts start with "The Killing of" resulting in similar links of "the-killing-of" may have caused an error.  Accepting auto-completion without inspecting it closely is a potential candidate.  One would think that permissions should have prevented it, though.  Anyway, it's the podcasters doing, not theirs according to them.
For those familiar with the case, the latest installment of The Final Suspects (The Case Against the Ramseys) offers nothing new.  BPD focused on the Ramseys and never took the case anywere else.  The content of this episode could have been handled in sixty seconds.

The podcasters have now mixed in the death of JFK Jr. with the Ramsey case in addition to the case of Marilyn Monroe under a URL that contains "the-killing-of-Marilyn-Monroe."   It's now looking like purposeful advertising of their other shows, but in a sloppy and unprofessional manner.  The participants seem committed and sincere, but the podcasters are making the whole project look rather juvenile, in my opinion.
The latest episode of The Final Suspects (A Father's Anguish) is a set of personal reminiscences of John Ramsey and of his son John Andrew.  While there are certainly important stories of personal anguish to be told, this isn't what the podcast is purported to be about.  The podcast claims to about attempting to solve the crime by DNA testing of the top ten suspects on Lou Smit's "spreadsheet."  These podcasts so far are not delivering.  

One can understand not naming the top ten suspects, but there isn't even a scorecard being described such as "We've now tested five of the ten with no matches."   No stories of how these people are being tracked are offered.  No hints of what kind of comparisons are being made are presented.  There is no discussion or even speculation based on the spreadsheet about Lou's methodology.  For example, are all of the top ten suspects convicted sadistic pedophiles, or are other types of offenders included?  If there is filler material to be provided, it would be far more suitable for the purported subject of the podcasts to describe DNA technologies being used.  I myself would be interested in knowing if genealogical testing can be performed on the samples and whether or not phenotyping can be used to eliminate suspects, or to simply re-prioritize them to save cost and effort.

In this particular episode, the narrator has it that Lou was hired by Boulder PD.  Hopefully they'll fix that, but how did that get through editing?  This is a blatantly obvious error.  Again, the participants seem very sincere and dedicated to this project, but the producers, editors, etc. are continuing to make the project look unprofessional.