Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Diamond's thoughts
To summarize, considering all of what has been discussed here thus far regarding this key piece of evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey case, and doing so more or less out of context rather than considering in totality the available facts of this puzzling case, I am left with the following impressions. The complexity of the contents of the ransom note and the circumstance within which it would have had to be written, incline me to conclude that it is unlikely--though not impossible--that this lengthy note was composed and penned by either Patsy or John or Burke Ramsey or by Patsy and John in collusion to cover-up the actual cause of JonBenet's death. This conclusion comports with, albeit for different reasons, that of the Boulder District Attorney's public exoneration of the Ramsey family in this case.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree - but I feel it is less unlikely, more impossible, that the people I came to know after the murder, had anything to do with this.
If I am correct in my conclusion, considering solely this single piece of evidence for right now, the inescapable implication is that there was indeed one or more intruder(s) in the Ramsey home that fateful Christmas night who must be responsible for writing the ransom note and for sexually abusing and executing six-year-old JonBenet, though not necessarily in that order. (This directly contradicts the theory that it was Burke who killed his sister as strongly suggested in the 2016 CBS special, though this possibility cannot be completely ruled out.) Clearly, the identity of this criminal perpetrator(s) remains currently unknown to us. I doubt that such an intruder, if he or she did in fact exist, chose the Ramsey home at random without prior knowledge about John Ramsey and his business. My best guess, given the current information available to me at this time, is that the individual(s) guilty of this evil deed probably worked for or closely with John Ramsey at some time, and for reasons unclear to us, bore some kind of strong grudge against him. It seems to me that the very violent and cruel nature of the language in the note and of the atrocious treatment of JonBenet suggest that this crime went far beyond a kidnapping for profit. Rather, it was more likely an act of resentment, embitterment, of anger, revenge, of rage and hatred against the rich John Ramsey and his vulnerable family. Paying a ransom of $118,000.00 would, for Ramsey, have been a relatively small and affordable price to pay for the safe return of his beloved daughter. But this crime was apparently never primarily about money, in my estimation. It was probably about payback, retribution, punishment, humiliation, and the cruel infliction of unimaginable pain upon John Ramsey and his family, presumably in response either to perceived slights or injuries attributed to Mr. Ramsey and/or motivated by extreme envy and jealousy about his successful professional and personal life combined with the illegal lure of easy money. The perpetrator(s) sadistically and purposely took from John and Patsy what would hurt them the most, that which is most precious to any loving parents.

======================================

Sadly, I fear he may be right - but I also know of suspects linked to the Ramsey case through the pageant and other groups who must still be investigated. I don't think any lead should not be followed.