Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unnamed - scared
Other residents said they have had difficulty sleeping and have placed chairs in front of their doors to prevent intruders from entering their homes at night.

"I just don't know what happened, and that's what's so scary," said one neighbor who declined to give her name. "There just isn't much crime here, which is why it's so terrifying to think that somebody really entered that house and killed her. And until they figure out what happened, I don't think I'll ever feel safe here again."

12/29/1996 news story
Aaholm and other authorities would not reveal whether someone had sexually assaulted JonBenet; the time of death; the condition of JonBenet's body; why police reports and a search warrant have not been released; why police have not interviewed the parents; and the manner in which the stangulation occurred.
"We are not treating this any differently than anybody else whose daughter was tragically murdered," Aaholm said. "Police are being cautious in what they present to the public so they can conduct and investigation that will solve this case."
But that does not reassure neighbors. "I'm scared," said one neighbor, who declined to give her name. "I just won't be able to sleep until they figure out who killed this girl. I mean, there could be a killer on the loose."

News story 12/31/1996