at least three
I have a document that says in the 11 months following the murder there were at least three breakins at the Ramsey house - and none left visible evidence of the break in.  I guess they could tell because of cameras that were installed after the murder.  

I KNOW WHO DID IT ONCE - he confessed it to me and said once in he panicked and left in a hurry.  He jimmied the north door - the one to the Butler's pantry.

Not that the three breakins matter a lot - but they show it would not have been impossible for an intruder to get in that Christmas day - - even if there weren't unlocked doors and windows!
Years ago we were on our way to a wedding when my mother realized that she had forgotten the key to the church.  Using a broken bobby pin I was able to pick the lock to the main sanctuary and get in.  I couldn't easily pick the lock of the basement, but found that whoever closed the double doors didn't set the pins properly.  I was able to gently pull both doors open.  After that there was absolutely no discernible evidence of a break-in. 

Another time, my wife (then girlfriend) locked all the doors in her dad's car, then laughed at the fact that I couldn't grab her.  I put my hands on the driver's window next to where she was sitting and forced the window down into the bottom part of the door, then grabbed her.  Needless to say, she was in shock!

I could tell lots more stories like this, the point being that one can often get into a place without leaving any "evidence of an intruder."  At least one door or window is often left unlocked; window latches are particularly weak, etc. etc.  Everyone who has experiences with getting into places knows all about this kind of thing.  Older buildings are usually easier.  Large buildings have more opportunities.  I laugh every time I hear a cop say that there is no evidence of an intruder.  For many intruders, that is the expected state of affairs, not the unexpected state of affairs.  Some cops know this, but many don't.

"Lack of evidence of an intruder" definitely should not be regarded as "no intruder."

In the Ramsey case, there is a lot of evidence of an intruder; it's just not obvious evidence like a smashed-in door.  Breaking windows, smashing doors, etc. is totally unnecessary given the old, large house.