Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://jameson245.com/bestnote.htm
The Handwriting
What the Experts said
Chet Ubowski, CBI: There is evidence that indicates the ransom note may have been written by Patsy. But the evidence falls short of that necessary to support a definitive conclusion.
Leonard Speckin, private forensic document analyst: "When I compare the handwriting habits of Patsy Ramsey with those in the . . . note, there exists agreement to the extent that some of her individual letter formations and letter combinations do appear in the ransom note. When this agreement is weighed against the number, type and consistency of the differences present, I am unable to identify Patsy Ramsey as the author of the . . . note with any degree of certainty. I am, however, unable to eliminate her as the author."
Edwin F. Alford Jr., private document examiner: "Examination of the questioned handwriting and comparison with the handwriting specimens submitted has failed to provide a basis for identifying Patricia Ramsey as the writer of the letter."
Lloyd Cunningham, Ramsey-hired expert: He cannot identify or eliminate Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ransom note. He spent 20 hours examining the samples and documents and found that there were no significant individual characteristics but many significant differences between Patsy's writing and the note.
Richard Dusak, document analyst for the Secret Service: His study concluded that there was no evidence that Patsy wrote the note.
Howard Rile, Ramsey-hired expert: His opinion is between "probably not" and "elimination" of Patsy Ramsey as the author of the ransom note. He believes that the writer could be identified if earlier writing samples were found.
Larry Ziegler, expert hired by Darnay Hoffman - in an email to jameson - " It was determined and is still determined by myself that Patsy Ramsey is the writer of the ransom note." (He later removed himself from the case.)
I only have the depositions from the following experts and will take their answers from their depositions.
Cina Wong, expert hired by Darnay Hoffman - from her deposition:
Question by Lin Wood: "Well, do you feel that you have eliminated all reasonable doubt about whether Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note?
Answer by Cina Wong: In this case, I highly believe she wrote the note.
Q. And please answer my question.
A. I am sorry.
Q. Do you feel that you have eliminated all reasonable doubt?
A. With the people, the possibilities of who could be involved in this case with the three handwriting samples that were given to me and enormous -- the enormous similarities that Patsy Ramsey's handwriting and the note, yes, I believe she is the writer.
Gideon Epstein, expert hired by Darnay Hoffman - from his deposition
Q. What is your degree of certainty yourself as you sit here today that Patsy Ramsey wrote the note?
A. I am absolutely certain that she wrote the note.

Messages In This Thread
RE: http://jameson245.com/bestnote.htm - by jameson245 - 05-23-2019, 08:49 PM