12/4/97 - Koby affidavit - Hunter never asked to file charges
DISTRICT COURT, BOULDER COUNTY, COLORADO
Civil Action No. 97CV1732
AFFIDAVIT OF CHIEF TOM KOBY
DARNAY HOFFMAN, Plaintiff,
VS.
ALEXANDER HUNTER, Defendant,
Quote:
Quote:I, Tom Koby, was appointed as the Chief of the Boulder Police Department in 1991, and I have continuously acted in that capacity since that time. My duties as the Chief of Police involve the management of the Boulder Police Department and, as a result, I am ultimately responsible for the supervision and management of any investigations conducted by the Boulder Police Department. The Boulder Police Department conducts investigations into criminal acts that are committed within the city limits of Boulder, Colorado. Consequently, my department has been conducting an ongoing investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey on December 26, 1996 inside the City of Boulder. I have at no time relinquished my responsibilities as the Chief of the Boulder Police Department during the pendency of this investigation.
In my capacity, as Chief of Police, I have been personally involved with the investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, I am aware of the status of the investigation, I am aware of the evidence and information that has been collected in the investigation, and I am responsible for the decision of whether or not the investigation should be referred to the District Attorney for the filing of charges. The investigation into the murder of JonBenet Ramsey has not been referred to the District Attorney's Office for the filing of charges. At no time, in the past, has this investigation been referred to the District Attorney's Office for the filing of charges against anyone, nor has an arrest warrant been prepared. As a result, Alex Hunter, the District Attorney, has never refused to prosecute any person for this crime. In addition, he has never made any representation to me or anyone in my department, in any way, of what his decision might be if the investigation were to be submitted to his office for the filing of charges. Such a decision cannot be made until the investigation is completed, and this investigation has not progressed to the point where such a referral can be considered. The Boulder Police Department is still in the process of collecting, and testing evidence in this investigation.
Quote:
Quote:I do hereby swear and affirm that the foregoing is true and accurate, and that I am personally familiar with the subject matter discussed in this affidavit.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Date
Boulder Police Department
STATE OF COLORADO
s.s.
COUNTY OF BOULDER
Quote:
Quote:Subscribed, and sworn before me this 4th day of December, 1997 by
MOT@Y 7
My Commission expires:

Messages In This Thread
12/4/97 - Koby affidavit - Hunter never asked to file charges - by jameson245 - 03-01-2017, 03:33 PM