Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue and Brown fibers not sourced
From Mark Beckner's deposition in the Wolf lawsuit.    

18 MR. WOOD: Have the blue
19 fibers found at the crime scene ever been sourced.
20 A There are a lot of reports around on fiber
21 evidence. To the best of my recollection, no.
22 Q (BY MR. WOOD) Were there any other color
23 fibers found at the crime scene that had not been
24 sourced?
25 A That have not been sourced?

1 Q Yes.
2 A Yes.
3 Q What colors?
4 A Brown.
5 Q So blue, brown, anything else?
6 A Not off the top of my head, no.
From Paula Woodward's book

"lab technicians had identified eight different types of fibers on the sticky side of the duct tape used to cover JonBenet's mouth. They included red acrylic, gray acrylic, and red polyester fibers that were subsequently determined by laboratory examination to be microscopically and chemically consistent to each other, as well as to fibers taken from Patsy Ramsey's Essentials (brand) jacket. Further, fibers from this jacket were also matched to trace fibers collected from the wrist ligature, neck ligature, and vacuumed evidence from the paint tray and Wine Cellar floor."

Why didn't she include a full list of the fibers found? I hate that she left out so much (or maybe I just missed it - - if so, Summer will let us know.)
From Steve Thomas depo in Wolf

Q. How about brown cotton fibers that were found on the duct tape, the cord and her body that
were consistent but no source found? Is that accurate?
A. That were consistent with what?
Q. They were consistent with each other, those fibers, the brown cotton fibers that were consistent
with fibers found on duct tape, cords and her body?
A. That's beyond the scope of what I know and just to educate you, if you allow me.
Q. Sure.
A. Anything hair and fiber related, Trujillo knows.
Q. I think we've already talked about it was a large number of fibers that were never sourced, right,
while you were there?
A. In the house, yes.
From John v CBS lawsuit

174. Brown cotton fibers found on JonBenét’s body, the garrote handle, the duct tape,
and the wrist ligatures were not sourced to and do not match anything in the Ramsey home.
BLUE fibers - what follows is from Trip Demuth's May, 1998 presentation:

"There were also blue cotton fibers found on JB's groin...CBI found them consistent with the sham and duvet. If so, how do you prove the suitcase was not part of the murder? If you can't, how will its position below the southwest window look to a jury? If the suitcase was involved, how do you prove what its role was?

This is where the lack of photographic documentation of the cobwebs etcetera become important.

There is also a second set of blue fibers taken from the groin..No possible sources have been submitted for these fibers. If so, how do you prove they weren't brought in by an intruder?
BROWN FIBERS - from Trip Demuth's presentation

There were brown cotton fibers collected from the vaginal area & the duct tape.
No possible source has been been submitted for these brown fibers.  If so, how do you prove they weren't brought in by an intruder? Do they match the brown cotton fibers found on the ligature?  If you don't know, why?

There was 1 light brown triobal fiber collected from JB's chin. It doesn't match any of the carpet fiber controls?  If so, how do you prove it wasn't carried in by an intruder?
More from Trip Demuth's presentation:

There are numerous other fibers that were found that are not consistent with any of the controls that have been provided.
On JB's shirt.
On her pants.
On the ligature from her neck
On her vaginal area
on the duct tape
on the blanket in the basement
on the sheet from her bed
on the wood shards from the paint brush
on her right hand
on the back right area of her shirt

and there are additional fibers with no possible source found
On JB's shirt
On the back of the right shoulder of the shirt
On the baseball bat that was found right outside the butler kitchen door that was found open
in the inner body bag
On the victim's left palm
and fibers on the left arm of her shirt
on JB's necklace where she was strangled
& in the wine cellar

If true, how do you prove these fibers are not foreign to the house? & do you know if any of these fibeers match each other? If not, why not?

The defense will ask:
Did you check for hair and fibers on her panties? if not, why not?
Did you check for hairs, fibers, blood and semen on the inside and outside of the blue suitcase? If not, why not?