Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less technical posts
DNA in JonBenet Ramsey as evidence of an intruder and the power of the Daubert Side of the Forensics
[Image: empty.gif] by redpill on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Mon Jun 18, 2018

Daubert Standard Rises and RDI Fringe defeated.

I once warned my apprentice SD that as he grew stronger in RDI fringe, his equal in Daubert would rise. Spinwalker I assumed. Wrongly.
closer I said.  

in JonBenet Ramsey murder mystery they found DNA on JonBenet Ramsey

I told SD that my mentor taught me everything I know about the Forensics, even the nature of the Daubert standard.

What is the forensic significance of this DNA?

obviously the RDI of forumsforjustice.org  James Kolar reddit websleuth etc have posted that the DNA have no significance and is incidental.

they clearly have no understanding of scientific objectivity.

what it comes to ascertaining this DNA

this is a statement of the Daubert Standard

Quote:
Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, which held in 1993 that Rule 702 of the Federal Rules of Evidence did not incorporate the Frye "general acceptance" test as a basis for assessing the admissibility of scientific expert testimony, but that the rule incorporated a flexible reliability standard instead;

Quote:
   Rule 702. Testimony by Experts
   If scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will assist the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue, a witness qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education, may testify thereto in the form of an opinion or otherwise, if (1) the testimony is based upon sufficient facts or data, (2) the testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods, and (3) the witness has applied the principles and methods reliably to the facts of the case.

Mary Lacy in her exoneration letter is explicit that DNA forensic experts were consulted.

Detective James Kolar is not a DNA expert, and his claims they find 6 profiles and if you have to accept one you have to accept all, does not come from an expert witness in DNA science.

Quote:
Host Tricia Griffith is a veteran radio disc jockey and owner of Websleuths.com and owner of Forums for Justice.org.

She is not a DNA expert

When you read RDI posters on forumsforjustice websleuth etc, they are neither DNA experts, nor are they citing DNA experts who have been consulted and presented all the case facts.

A DNA expert who has such relevant expertise has come forward - Lawrence Kobilinsky

"... the significance of the DNA found on Jonbenet Ramsey is evidence an

intruder "committed that sexual assault and murdered JonBenet".

ref Jennifer Kovaleski (September 6, 2016). "New details revealed about JonBenet Ramsey's murder in A&E documentary". Retrieved September 30, 2016.

these are his credentials

Quote:
Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky is a renowned forensic scientist and an expert in DNA analysis. He is the Chairman of the Science Department at the John Jay

Education

Post-Doc    -   Sloan Kettering Institute for Research
                      (Complement and Effector Biology Laboratory)
1977 PhD  -  The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
                    (Biology)
1971  MA    -   City College of New York (Biology)
1969  BS    -   City College of New York (Biology)
Bio

My research interests focus on developing sensitive methods of human identification using polymerase chain reaction methodology.  My lab has developed methods to conduct RFLP of VNTRs, and PCR of  Short Tandam Repeats (STRs).  We have been working on high sensitivity methods to study low copy number DNA (less than 100 picograms) extracted from biological evidence.  Developing a better scientific approach to crime scene investigation is also an interest. Counseling defense attorneys and prosecutors about DNA technology is underway.  We are also helping laboratories in other countries develop the skills and knowledge to conduct reliable DNA analysis. I have worked with lab personnel from  China, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Brazil, and others to improve their systems of criminal justice, especially where forensic science needs improvement.
Download C.V.

ref https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/faculty/lawrence-kobilinsky

DNA evidence is evidence that meets the Daubert Standard.

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky is an expert witness in DNA science under Daubert.

the conclusion of DNA expert Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky  on the scientific forensic value of DNA evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey is that an intruder committed this crime.

Jameson is right.

this conclusion contradicts the conclusions the frauds over at forumsforjustice have stated, frauds like cynic Cherokee delmar england ukguy etc

this is a statement of what justice is

Brent Turvey outlines the code of ethics

Quote:Brent Turvey wrote:
Maintain an attitude of professionalism and integrity.
Conduct all research in a generally accepted scientific manner.
Assign appropriate credit for the ideas of others that are used.
Treat all information (not in the public domain) from a client or agency in a confidential manner, unless specific permission to disseminate information is obtained.
Maintain an attitude of independence and impartiality in order to ensure an unbiased analysis and interpretation of the evidence.
Strive to avoid preconceived ideas or biases regarding potential suspects or offenders from influencing a final profile or crime analysis when appropriate.
Render opinions and conclusions strictly in accordance with the evidence in the case.
Not exaggerate, embellish, or otherwise misrepresent qualifications when testifying, or at any other time, in any form.
Testify in an honest, straightforward manner and refuse to extend their opinion beyond their field of competence, phrasing testimony in a manner intended to avoid misinterpretation of their opinion.
Not use a profile or crime analysis (the inference of Offender or Crime Scene Characteristics) for the purposes of suggesting the guilt or innocence of a particular individual for a particular crime.
Make efforts to inform the court of the nature and implications of pertinent evidence if reasonably assured that this information will not be disclosed in court.
Maintain the quality and standards of the professional community by reporting unethical conduct to the appropriate authorities or professional organizations. (Turvey 1999: 722)

this is the question I have asked earlier,

earlier I asked,

imagine

Richard Dusak & Edwin F. Alford, Jr.

[u]Richard Dusak[/u]

Quote:Richard Dusak wrote:
  Dusak Findings. "Richard Dusick (sic) of the U.S. Secret Service concluded that there was "no evidence to indicate that Patsy Ramsey executed any of the questioned material appearing on the Ransom Note." (SMF P 200; PSMF P 200.)" (Carnes 2003:26, note 14).

[u]Edwin F. Alford, Jr.[/u]

Quote:

Edwin F. Alford, Jr.

"Examination of the questioned handwriting and comparison with the handwriting specimens submitted has failed to provide a basis for identifying Patricia Ramsey as the writer of the letter.

since Patsy Ramsey has been eliminated with an ASTM score of 8 or 9

you could read their forensics report, or they were called to testify. What would their testimony consist in?

this is the question NO RDI have ever asked

imagine you could read forensics report on the DNA, or you could listen him testify as to the scientific value of that said evidence.

what would that report contain? what would it say?

using this textbook, CRIME RECONSTRUCTION by Brent Turvey and Jerry Chisum, explain using crime scene reconstruction science,

how the DNA found on Jonbenet, in combination with ligature tape, fiber hair, her medical injuries, would result in an actual DNA expert

conclusion

Quote:
the conclusion of DNA expert Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky  on the scientific forensic value of DNA evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey is that an intruder committed this crime.

in other words, given actual DNA scientific experts have provided expert witness testimony under Daubert as to the actual value of that DNA evidence, how would you explain in terms of actual scientific concepts and scientific methodology and scientific techniques what would lead an actual DNA expert to conclude the DNA is evidence an intruder committed the crime.

describe the contents of a forensic report by an actual trace evidence examiner, and DNA experts, forensic handwriting and forensic linguistics, as to how they arrived at their conclusions. in this case, DNA is evidence an intruder committed this crime.

I promise you not only has no RDI on forusmforjustice websleuth etc ever asked this question, they have no idea how to go about researching it.

when you read RDI ignorance on the  JonBenet Ramsey

their conclusion the DNA doesn't mean anything, which contradicts the conclusions of actual DNA experts,

i promise you they've never consulted (here Redpill listed sever books on forensic investigations) no RDI poster at forusmforjackasses websmear ever consulted any scientifc forensic textbook on the relevant scientific forensic evidence

Imagine you listen to Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky in court explain his reasoning. unfortunately you will never hear James Kolar in court, just as you won't Cina Wrong and Gideon Nutstein, as they are not expert witnesses under Daubert.

cynic is found of calling out IDI nutjobs like Jameson. when on websleuth i was a mere padawan he told me Jameson is an IDI nutjob and her real name sue bonnett.

but when you sit down and work though the Daubert standard and actual genuine forensic science, one thing stands out.

Jameson is right.

RDI are the anti-science nutjobs.

What would his scientific reasoning be?

I told SD the Daubert Side of the Forensics is a pathway to many IDI truths the RDI would consider to be unnatural.

would it be possible to learn this power?

NOT from an RDI nutjob.

if you only knew the power of the Daubert Side of the Forensics

all the posters at forumsforjustice cherokee ukguy cynic are all scientifically ignorant. they are not correctly informing the public as to the true science behind forensics.

the DNA found on Jonbenet should be understood both in the context of a sexual assault and also the presence of other unsourced trace evidence and shoe print.

New round of Ramsey DNA tests William C. Thompson and the Daubert Standard
[Image: empty.gif] by redpill on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018

in the news i just learned

Quote:
New round of Ramsey DNA tests completed

A renewed wave of DNA testing in the JonBenet Ramsey case has been completed and although investigators are not talking about what was learned, further forensic examination of evidence in the case could still be on tap.

Newly elected Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dougherty, in his first extensive comments about the infamous unsolved 1996 Boulder homicide, was candid about the fact that, having been appointed to the office this spring after the mid-term resignation of his predecessor, he has not yet been fully briefed on the case.

"Since taking office on March first I have had nearly zero contact with the Ramsey case. It's in the possession of, and under investigation by, the Boulder Police Department," he said, adding that "Not a day goes by that I don't get a call, email or inquiry about Ramsey. All of those I respond to, but all those are then directed to the Boulder Police Department."

He does, however, anticipate a full briefing at a future date.

Daugherty won a primary battle Tuesday as the Democratic candidate to complete the third term of Stan Garnett, who resigned earlier this year to return to private practice at the Denver firm where he had worked before taking office in January 2009. Because Daugherty faces no Republican opponent this fall, he will be the county's top prosecutor at least through 2020.

A joint investigation by the Daily Camera and 9News, published in October 2016, revealed for the first time that, according to several independent experts contacted by the news organizations, DNA evidence that had been cited by then-District Attorney Mary Lacy as a basis to issue an exoneration of Ramsey family members in July 2008 did not, in their opinions, support her actions.

ref http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_31978411/boulder-da-new-round-ramsey-dna-tests-completed

certainly these additional DNA tests are welcome,

daily camera and 9news reported in an earlier article

Quote:

It's certainly possible that an intruder was responsible for the murder, but I don't think that the DNA evidence proves it," said William C. Thompson, a professor in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society

daily camera and 9news represented in their news article that William C. Thompson, a professor in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society conclusions that the DNA on Jonbenet is a composite of 2 or more individuals, that the original report does not say it matches DNA on the long johns, and that Mary Lacy may engage in congitive bias

his conclusions contradicts the conclusions of Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky

let's look at William C. Thompson credentials

William C. Thompson, a professor in the Department of Criminology, Law and Society

http://faculty.sites.uci.edu/wthompson/

William C. Thompson

Quote:
Professor Emeritus of Criminology, Law, and Society; Psychology and Social Behavior; and Law

Ph.D. Stanford University, J.D. University of California, Berkeley
(949) 824-6156
william.thompson@uci.edu
2355 Social Ecology II
Department:
Criminology, Law and Society

Specializations:
forensic science; expert evidence; human judgment and decision making

Curriculum Vitae

I am interested in human factors associated with forensic science evidence, including contextual and cognitive bias in forensic analysis and the commuication of scientific findings to lawyers and juries. I have written about strengths and limitations of various types of forensic science evidence, particularly DNA evidence, and about the ability of lay juries to evaluate evidence. My work is multidisciplinary, it involves law, psychology, various areas of biology (particularly genetics and molecular biology), and statistics.

Copies of some recent publication can be found on my SSRN Author Page.

clicking on his cv

http://faculty.sites.uci.edu/wthompson/files/2018/04/ThompsonVita-April-2018.pdf

his phD is in psychology, not molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or genetics

so unless he is quoting someone who has done research on these topics,

his conclusions do not pass the daubert standard

his research is in the psychology of interpreting evidence, not in actual DNA analysis itself

the daily camera boulder article quotes him as making these conclusions on the DNA, as being a composite, but he's not actually qualified in DNA analysis, only the psychology factors

compare with

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky is a renowned forensic scientist and an expert in DNA analysis. He is the Chairman of the Science Department at the John Jay

Quote:
Education

Post-Doc - Sloan Kettering Institute for Research
(Complement and Effector Biology Laboratory)
1977 PhD - The Graduate Center of the City University of New York
(Biology)
1971 MA - City College of New York (Biology)
1969 BS - City College of New York (Biology)
Bio

My research interests focus on developing sensitive methods of human identification using polymerase chain reaction methodology. My lab has developed methods to conduct RFLP of VNTRs, and PCR of Short Tandam Repeats (STRs). We have been working on high sensitivity methods to study low copy number DNA (less than 100 picograms) extracted from biological evidence. Developing a better scientific approach to crime scene investigation is also an interest. Counseling defense attorneys and prosecutors about DNA technology is underway. We are also helping laboratories in other countries develop the skills and knowledge to conduct reliable DNA analysis. I have worked with lab personnel from China, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Brazil, and others to improve their systems of criminal justice, especially where forensic science needs improvement.
Download C.V.

ref https://www.jjay.cuny.edu/faculty/lawrence-kobilinsky

under Daubert standard,

William C. Thompson phD in psychology and his law degree does not qualify William C. Thompson to comment on DNA laboratory findings. he has done no graduate level training in DNA science

Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky phD in molecular biology and genetics, with emphasis on DNA science does qualify him to comment as to the significance of DNA found on Jonbenet's clothing

daily camera and 9news are misrepresenting William C. Thompson phD in psychology as an expert in DNA forensic analysis, and is not supported by someone with actual expertise in DNA forensic analysis. Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky phD
DNA samples are collected from all adults arrested for felonies. The DNA profile will be entered into the DNA database once a person is charged with a felony. Under certain conditions, the person may apply to have their DNA sample removed.
The removal of a DNA sample from the DNA database is called “expungement”. You will qualify for sample expungement under the following conditions:
1. Samples on file where the charges were dismissed, the case was acquitted, or the conviction for the offense was not a felony.
(There must be a final court order for the above.)
2. Samples collected where no charges are filed or a felony charge was not filed within ninety days of arrest.