Forums
TimeLine #1 Beginnings. - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://webbsleuths.org)
+-- Forum: YEARS (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=298)
+--- Forum: Beginnings (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=405)
+--- Thread: TimeLine #1 Beginnings. (/showthread.php?tid=1577)

Pages: 1 2

TimeLine #1 Beginnings. - jameson245 - 11-30-2019

jameson's TimeLine
ò¿ó
A detailed TimeLine of the Ramsey Investigation

Beginnings
 Ramsey Family History 1980 - December 23rd, 1996

[Image: ti38.jpg]
JonBenét on Dec. 23rd, 1996
remember the child

John Ramsey - Well, I always felt that we were a normal family.  My mother was at home and that was always important to me as a child.  My dad was, for the most part of his carreer, employed by the state government.  We always looked up to him - very much.  I have a brother that's 4 1/2 years younger than I was.  I think I terrorized him for most of his young life.  Now we're very close. I call him my my older younger brother - he's a lot more sensible in a lot of respects than I am.  But... very normal family.
Patsy Ramsey - I'm the oldest of three girls.  My parents, Don and Nedra Paugh were married in 1955.  They'd been high school sweethearts and then later married and had three daughters.  We participated in a lot of activities from early childhood. The three girls were in dancing lessons and baton, twirling events, girl scouts for years  -  just had  a typical good old American childhood.  Every weekend we would visit my  father's mother and father.  They lived in kind of a rural community.  We'd go out  there every weekend and have big family picnics and fry hash brown potatoes and grill hamburgers and the kids would run around all through the woods and  - just a very ideallic childhood, really.

11/15/1980 -
John Bennett Ramsey, DOB 12/7/1943, and Patricia Ann "Patsy" Paugh, DOB 12/29/1956  (10:55 am), were married in Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Atlanta. The ceremony was performed by Rev. W. Frank Harrington. He would later baptize and eulogize their young daughter, JonBenét Patricia Ramsey.
 At this time, JR had three children by his previous marriage to Lucinda Lou "Cindy" Pasch,
Elizabeth, 11, Melinda, 9 and John Andrew, 4.
[Image: wedding.jpg]

Patsy was known for being a caring person, not one to say what she was going to do, or what she had done, but a person who simply set her goals and then saw them through.
Friends might know her for years before they were ever told she had been Miss West Virginia 1977.
Eight years after that beauty  pageant, Patsy's chaperone, Betty Smith, had a stroke. When Patsy learned of it she made it a point to go to Betty Smith to visit her, and to bring her a gift of a nightgown and robe set - in blue, Betty's  favorite color.

1/27/1987 - Burke Hamilton Ramsey was born. JR named his son after a "vision", a man in a long  white robe carrying a book, suggested the name. After JonBenét's death, it did not go unnoticed that  the dictionary defines Burke as "to murder by suffocation". No one mentioned that the definition goes on to say "...so as to leave no marks of violence."
At the time of the murder, Burke was 9 years old - too young under Colorado law to be charged with any crime.  IF he had murdered his sister, he may have been forced to get professional psychiatric care.  There would have been no charges filed, no arrest, no long and drawn out torture for the family.  The theories that Burke murdered his sister and the parents were covering for him usually fell on deaf ears - but the authorities refused to officially clear Burke.

1989 - JR's small business, Advanced Products Group, a business he started in his garage, merged with two other companies to form  Access Graphics in Boulder. Ramsey stayed with the company as vice president for sales and marketing.
The family maintained their residence in Atlanta.
 John's kids from his first marriage, Beth, Melinda and John Andrew, were all close to their father and grew close to Patsy as well. People who were around them after John and Patsy were married have said that Patsy loved those children and they loved her in return.
Every night at 7, John called his children to ask about their day. Travel didn't change that.
John and Patsy saw the children every week-end. John, Patsy and Lucinda were all friends; though John and Lucinda had their differences and a divorce in their past, they did not let that interfere in the present - they did not let it damage the lives they built later.
That family bond proved to be a blessing to all of them when first Lucinda, then Patsy, lost daughters. Both were able to lean on the other other during their times of great grief.

March 1990 - Mary Justice, a friend of patsy Ramsey was diagnosed with cancer. Patsy and another friend, Carole Simpson, organized a "food chain" for the first month following Mary's surgery - friends would see to it that the Justice family didn't have to worry about shopping or preparing any meals.
Patsy also stopped by with small gifts and words of encouragement to help Justice through her ordeal.  Justice said of Patsy - "That's the kind of person she is -- always putting somebody else ahead of  herself."

8/6/1990 - 1:36 am - JonBenét Patricia Ramsey was born. Her name means God Given Blessed One. Along with her brother, she was loved dearly, this according to all witnesses. Vesta and Charles Taylor were neighbors of the Ramseys in Dunwoody, Ga. - "They just lived for those kids."

1991 - Access Graphics was bought by Lockheed Martin. John Bennett Ramsey became the president and CEO.
In November the Ramseys bought the house at 755 15th Street, Boulder, Colorado.

(In John Ramsey's deposition dated 10/20/1998 - from the Mile suit, John was asked by Attorney Lee Hill, " How did you decide to come to Boulder?"  He answered, "When my son told his teacher that his mother lived in Atlanta and his dad lives in Colorado, we decided that wasn't a good idea. So we decided to go ahead and move the family."

They paid $500,000 for the house and, as was their custom, started to remodel the home. The house would become a showpiece, later included in the Christmas Tour of Homes. Virtually every room would have a Christmas tree in it. There was one living tree in the house - others were artificial and were stored in a windowless room in the basement.
  Jeff Ramsey, describing his brother - "John's the kind of guy that if you were to meet him and talk to him for the first time, you would come away never knowing he was the president of a billion-dollar company, or that he had any money at all."
  The Ramseys enjoyed the better things in life, but they were not people who felt they were 'better' than anyone else. They had made their own fortune and were known as caring, nice people, a nice family.

1992 - Elizabeth's Death
   1992 started off with a tragedy. On 1/8/1992, Elizabeth Ramsey, 22, was killed in a car accident in Chicago. She was with her boyfriend, Matthew Dellinger, on their way to visit his parents, Dan and Andrea Dellinger, in Hinsdale, Illinois. It would be her first time meeting his parents. The roads were wet and slick; apparently he lost control of the car and they veered into the path of truck. Both died.
  John Andrew - "She had just graduated from college, she was working for Delta. Everyone was real proud of her at that time, real happy for her. To see her life get taken like that was an incredible loss for all of us - - Dad in particular. She was his first child, his first daughter."
[Image: Beth.jpg]  Beth
.    .
 John and Lucinda planned the funeral together. Patsy was there for John, made sure that John's friends were able to spend time with John and support him. She was also there for Lucinda. The two had shared the children in life and would share this as well.
 John didn't want Beth buried in any of the larger cemeteries because of their strict rules on what could be done to a grave site - so Patsy found the smaller St. James Episcopal Cemetery.  She had the plot  landscaped, had a tree put in, plants, and a bench so family and friends could be more comfortable when they visited Beth's grave. Now it is there for JonBenét's mourners as well.
John Ramsey - "When we lost Beth I was just devastated but JonBenét stuck to me like glue for a year and a half.  I felt she was totally devoted to helping me get through that terrible time of my life."
Patsy Ramsey - "She was intuitive.  She would sense our grief and sadness.  Her eyes were incredible. She would almost look through you into your soul."

1992 - another death, that of JR's father, James Ramsey. James was a WW2 transport pilot and later director of the Michigan Aeronautics Commission. His first wife, Mary Jane Bennett, gave him two sons, John and Jeff. Mary Jane died of cancer in  March, 1978. James later married the mother of John's first wife, Lucinda. Irene has remarried since James' death, she is Mrs. Richard Wills, and they live in Sun City, Florida.

December, 1992 - the Ramseys bought a "summer home" in Charlevoix, Michigan, valued at $336,400. The house at 112 Belvedere Ave. overlooks Round Lake and was the scene of many barbecues. The Ramseys obviously enjoyed people and entertaining.

July 1993
  Patsy was in Parkersville, PA to judge the Miss West Virginia pageant when she felt something was wrong, very wrong. She felt a mass in her abdomen. She immediately sought medical help, in WV then in Atlanta and learned she had ovarian cancer. She called on some of her closest friends for support, Bill and Carole Simpson, and Gil and Jayne Kloster. Gil Kloster, a physician, helped John ensure that Patsy got the best care possible.
Patsy was diagnosed with stage four cancer - it had spread to other parts of her body and nothing short of a miracle would save her. Months of chemotherapy followed, John often traveled with her to Maryland where she was part of an experimental cancer program at the National Institutes of Health.
 Patsy spent a lot of time in and out of different hospitals. Throughout it all, Patsy kept repeating - "I've got to live for my children."
Patsy Ramsey - "I had so many times cursed God and said, 'You know, why, if you gave me two marvelous children, why are you making me die with this dreadful disease if I'm not going to be here to see them through!'  And the answer would come, the children were my reason to live."
        Nedra Paugh moved into the Ramsey's home in Boulder - she was there for the family.
       Patsy was forced to move from her bedroom to a guest room on the second floor so she would be nearer a bathroom and the family.
  Patsy lost her hair, faced her own mortality, and survived. She told people she would NOT die and leave her children. She wore a wig, but she still tried to remain as active as possible. She volunteered at Burke's and JonBenét's schools.
Life went on.
Patsy would later talk about her battle with cancer, about how she begged God to allow her to live to raise her children.  Speaking about JonBenét during this time, Patsy had this to say - "With this bundle of life sitting at my bed, I had to get well. That was my reason for getting well."

During this time, Judith Phillips, a photographer and acquaintance of Patsy, talked Patsy into letting her do a photo session with her (Patsy) and the kids. This was done for a show showing strength of women. In fact, one photo was later part of an exhibit on women titled "Motherhood". it was a traveling exhibit and was seen throughout Colorado. At some point during the photo session, Judith asked Patsy to remove her wig.  Patsy did, and posed with her children. Some of the photos were quite intimate - especially one where young JonBenét was kissing Patsy on the head.
  In another photo, Patsy, without the wig, bit on a cross. This photo upset some people when it was published in a tabloid months after the murder.
  A third  "odd" picture had Patsy, her mother Nedra, JonBenét and Burke standing at attention. Judith told told them to stand like soldiers (according to Judith on a tv show, Hard Copy) and at the last minute JonBenét saluted. (It reminded Judith of John-John at JFK's funeral.)
  After the murder, all of the Ramsey friends were asked to please not speak to the press, not to speak about or for the Ramseys. Judith knew the Ramseys, her husband did some legal work for John Ramsey.  Whether or not she was a "friend" or "acquaintance" is open to question.
For months, Judith was not heard of by the general public, but she was heard of in October, 1997, when she sold those photos to the Enquirer, in December 1997, on the anniversary, and again in August of 1998 when she asked for a special prosecutor to take over the case. By that point, Judith clearly wanted to see the Ramseys indicted for the murder of their child.

[Image: Judith.jpg]   Judith Phillips
From a deposition given on 10/20/98:

Q by Lee Hill - "Judith Phillips, would you consider her to be a close friend?"
John Ramsey - "No."
Q. I'm not asking currently, but previously.
A. No.

In February of 2000, Judith Phillips gave an interview to Mary Suma, a poster on the internet who used the hat "mame".
In that interview, Judith said that when she first heard of the murder, she was "not surprised".  Judith felt that the Ramseys had been given their hard times as a "lesson".  They were living evil lives, not doing as they should have been, so they lost Beth, Patsy got cancer, and then JonBenét died. Judith felt they should have been donating more time and money to the poor, not spending it on homes, decorating, traveling... certainly not PAGEANTS!
But Judith said that she did NOT believe that the parents were involved in the murder at all. She said the thought was "inconceivable".
THAT was what she felt right after the murder.
She went on to say that she later became convinved that Patsy wrote the ransom note - this all happened at the same time her marriage was failing and her new friends were the tabloid people.  They were calling her up to 30 times a day, talking to her, befriending her. She said this happened because she "was privy to a lot of information."
She said she knew the Ramseys had asked their friends and relatives not to speak to the press, but, she said, "I guess I'm the kind of person that, someone says, 'Don't do something.', I go ahead and do it anyway."
Before long, Judith found herself not only cut off from the Ramseys but befriended by the tabloid reporters and FURIOUS at Patsy!
Judith said that she became infuriated at Patsy's statement said at the end of the CNN interview - the one where Patsy said "There's a killer out there, hold your babies close."  She said that terrified her, was a terrible thing for Patsy to do - scare people like that.  Mame, the leading interviewer, commented that that was a "...very selfish thing to do."  Judith agreed. "...she would want us to share in her terror."
Judith went on to say that she revieved a letter from the Ramsey lawyers advising her not to make the photographs public.  She said that "...made me mad....extremely angry."  and "...that's when I started thinking, "What's going on here?"
Judith was marketing herself as a friend of the Ramseys, but she clearly was not. The interview gives clear evidence of that.  They spent very little time together, had little in common.
In 1998, Judith believed Patsy wrote the ransom note.
In February 2000, Judith was stating that she believed Patsy killed her daughter.  Her theory was that Patsy had caught John molesting his daughter and that resulted in the murder of JonBenét.
In February, 2000,  Judith was engaged to Tom Miller and close friends with Craig Lewis.
Hmmmmm.

September, 1993
  A healing ceremony was performed at the Ramsey house by Rev. Hol Hoverstock. There were many prayers and a laying-on of hands. Patsy believes that on this day, she received her miracle.
(December 1994 Colorado Woman News)

1994 - Jim and Linda McLean learned that Jim had terminal stomach cancer. Patsy immediately became the doting friend, visiting, sending inspirational cards, books, letters. She encouraged him not to give up hope. Jim McLean died in March of 1995, and this is what Linda says about Patsy - "She loved Jim, and he loved her, and I love her, because she is as good a person as I have ever known."
Linda McLean later wrote a book about Patsy -
"JonBenét's Mother - The Tragedy and the Truth"
The book included first hand accounts of relationships people had with Patsy.  Family and friends spoke about how they met Patsy, what she was like.  The book spoke highly of Patsy.
personal comment - ò¿ó - I felt the strongest words in the book came from the older Ramsey children - Melinda and John Andrew.  They both said that John and Patsy were great parents and they had no doubt that neither of them had anything to do with the murder of their baby sister.
The book would not be available in stores - to purchase a book, one had to call the publisher - the phone number was 1-800- 654-7179.

Summer of 1994
[Image: Family2.jpg]

Christmas 1994
The Ramsey house was featured in a "designer showcase" - a "tour of homes".  A video was made - it would later be seen by people all over the world, after the murder.
One thing that Patsy did special that year was order a special gingerbread house - a big one, shaped like THEIR house.
"Santa" Bill McReynolds was Santa that year for the Ramseys - he saw the house and after Christmas, he brought Patsy and her family a gift - a smaller but very nicely gingerbread house his son had made.
Later, confusion would surround the gingerbread houses - it was rumored that a Santa son had been in the Ramsey house the week of the murder - that was simply untrue.

1995 - John Ramsey, rich and renowned in Boulder, received the Boulder County Business Report's  Esprit Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Well liked by his employees, he was known as a caring friend who helped out people in need. He helped some out financially, gave others jobs. He joined a partnership in a restaurant chain, Pasta Jay's, with other partners being Jay Elowsky, his father Lowell, Bill McCartney, and lawyer Mike Bynum.
After the murder, a paper on the Espirit award was found in the house.  John Ramsey was pictured there with three other men.  The other three men had the word "NO" printed across them.  John Ramsey's picture had a red heart drawn on it.  There would be speculation that perhaps the killer of JonBenét had left that clue there for police to find.  Others felt maybe JonBenét herself had written on that paper before her death.  As most six year old girls, she loved drawing hearts and was in love with her Daddy.
    Patsy gained a reputation for living life to the fullest - Friend Diane Lough said - "She never did  anything half-way. I think ever since she had cancer, her intensity increased. Do the best he could with everything she did because she didn't know how long she'd be around."

JonBenét was well known in the pageant arena. She and her family had attended a West Virginia pageant reunion, Patsy had been on stage singing and smiling and JonBenét was hooked - she wanted to do that too.
In 1995 she won Little Miss Colorado and Miss Charlevoix. Some time in her short life she had also been known as the Colorado State All Star Kids Cover Girl, National Tiny Miss Beauty, America's Royale Miss, Colorado Dream Girl and Little Miss Merry Christmas. She had been in 9 pageants in the 2 years preceding her death in December, 1996.
  The last was the Sunburst Nationals held August 13th and 14th, 1996.
I am looking for someone to share with me the names and dates of all 9.
JonBenét was expected to be a participant in the Little Miss Hawaiian Tropic Pageant on January 5th, 1997. She didn't live to see the day.....
  This involvement in pageants would later cause a lot of people to be angry at the Ramseys. Geraldo, among others, felt that the pageant scene was obscene and abusive. Film clips of JonBenét at the pageants would fill TV screens with comments about "wiggling hips" and "sexually suggestive moves".
 During the interview the Ramseys gave reporters on 5/1/97, a reporter asked Patsy if she had any regrets about JonBenét being in the pageants, especially with the way the photos affected public opinion. She responded. "I'm so happy that we have those pictures. They're all we have now. " John added, " That was just one very small part of JonBenét's life... "
The reporter continued on that line and asked if there was any "inappropriate behavior going on in that home". Patsy answered a clear "No".
In the British documentary, shown in August, 1998, John had this to say on the pageants -
"I felt that Patsy was probably particularly anxious to do those kinds of things with JonBenét because, quite frankly, she had cancer in remission and didn't know if she would be here when JonBenét was 16 and 18. She's never said that, I've never said that to her but…."

Personal note - ò¿ó - Much later, in the summer of 1998, I spoke to several friends of the Ramseys.
         One was Linda McLean who authored the book JonBenét's Mother - the Tragedy and the Truth.
We spoke about photos of JonBenét and she said:
"When Patsy let me look in her photo albums and boxes of pictures, I didn't even find ANY that were of the pageant  stuff.  I found pictures of ice skating and boating and visiting an  aquarium and opening birthday presents and a trip to Disney World and her first day of kindergarten--
just like all  parents have of their kids."

The Ramseys summered in Charlevoix, Michigan.  In the Summer and Fall of 1996, there were a few incidents that deserve to be reported here.
1. After the murder, a gas station attendant told a story of a man who hung around the station periodically.  He was in his thirties, sometimes dressed nice, other times quite disheveled, and he always carried a lot of cash. He would speak to the attendant at times.  One day, after John Ramsey had been in to buy case, the man spoke about Colorado and said he had some "unfinished business" there.  This was reported to Charlevoix police after the murder.
2. After the Ramseys had returned to Boulder, the Charlevoix housekeeper noticed lights at the house one night.  She felt that perhaps she had forgotten to turn them all off when she had been cleaning, and the next day went back to the house to check on things again and turn off the lights.  She found evidence that someone had been sleeping in JonBenét's bedroom. On the floor there was a small, neatly packed suitcase, and a pair of cowboy boots. The housekeeper thought that the Ramseys had given a friend permission to use the house since they were in Boulder.  She thought it strange he would sleep in a frilly bedroom when there were several other choices, but she said nothing to anyone about what she had seen.  When she went back again, the suitcase and boots were gone.
After the murder, this incident was reported by the housekeeper.  The Ramseys didn't know who had been in the house.  The media never wrote about it; no one ever volunteered information that might solve the mystery, and no one ever found out who had been in the house, sleeping in JonBenét's bed.
3. Also in September, a handicapped resident of Charlevoix who drives a special van, was driving down the street past the Ramsey home. A man went into the road from the Ramsey lawn and waved down the motorist - jumped in and insisted on being given a ride to the airport.  He was very agitated.  The motorist felt he had little choice but to give the man a ride.  During that ride, the man spoke about John Ramsey and threatened him harm.
The motorist was quite upset by the conversation and later tried to contact the Ramseys but could not - - he gave up.  After the murder he did report the incident to the Charlevoix police and even went to see the Ramseys during the summer of 1997 - when they were back in Charlevoix - to tell them what had happened and offer his help in identifying the man.  4 years later that was still a mystery.

October 1995 - Linda Hoffman-Pugh started working for the Ramseys as housekeeper. She worked for the Ramseys on Mon./Wed./Fri. and for someone else on Tues. and Thurs. Linda would say later on Peter Boyle's radio show that the family was warm and loving, the house a bit cluttered. She didn't see much of JR, just to say hi, but she did talk to Patsy about more personal things, kids, husbands, sex.
     She said that she does not think the parents killed JonBenét.
When pressed "What will you do if it turns out that they did kill JonBenét?", Linda replied,  "I'll never trust anybody ever again."
             .                         .
 Linda's husband, Mervin, had accompanied her to work on several occasions. He spoke about getting  lost in the house, calling Linda to come get him,  He sometimes worked as a handyman for the Ramseys, washing windows, fixing a stuck door, working on some minor plumbing repairs.
            .                 .
 Their Daughter, Ariana, also went to the Ramsey house.  She preferred to go to work with her mother rather than stay at home.  Ariana had played with the Ramsey children in the past, helped set up for the Christmas party on the 23rd.
[Image: Pughs.jpg]  The Pughs
UPDATE: In 2000, after being befriended by journalists, tabloid reporters and radio talk show host Peter Boyles, Linda Hoffman-Pugh had changed her mind - she was saying she felt Patsy wrote the ransom note.  She had announced that she intended to make some money off her story - had been paid thousands of dollars for interviews, had been on TV and radio.
Many felt she had been brainwashed, or sold her soul.  The BORG called her a hero.

Christmas, 1995

The 1995 Ramsey Christmas Letter
'Twas a week before Christmas with a million things to do,
And wouldn't you know it, Mom came down with the flu
Fortunately the gifts were all gotten and under the tree,
But the Christmas cards didn't make it - as you can well see!
So we'll take this opportunity to extend the Holiday Cheer
And be the first to wish you a Healthy & Happy New Year!
     We've finally given in to the computerized form letter! What better way to keep the high-tech industry in business!? Speaking of business, John and Access are going great guns. Europe has been successfully conquered with offices in every country except Norway! Mexico & Canada opened too. (Can you believe this grew out of our garage on Northridge?) Anyway, John was rewarded by parent company, Lockheed-Martin, by being elected an office of the company.
      All work and no play make John a dull boy, so he leaves plenty of time for the latter. This year John,  John Andrew, and Melinda took the crew of the Miss America (our sailing sloop) to victories in the NOOD Races in Chicago and a 4th place division finish of the Chicago-Mackinac Island Race.
 Seventy-knot winds in the Mac race really made the finish line look pretty good! John Andrew is a
freshman at CU here in Boulder, and Melinda is due to complete her Nursing Degree from MCG
[Medical College of Georgia] in Augusta next June.
      Burke is busy in his third grade year at a new school named High Peaks. It is a Core Knowledge
school which accesses high academics and personal achievement. He loves it! He continues with
Boy Scouting and the piano. This winter he is the tallest guy on his basketball team. Summer on
Charlevoix was spent taking golf and sailing lessons each day. Burke is quite the sailor!
JonBenét too had a busy summer in Charlevoix. She was crowned Little Miss Charlevoix in a
pageant in June and spent the rest of the summer riding in convertibles in various home-town
parades throughout Michigan. She performed a patriotic tap & song for her talent. She and Burke
both won ribbons in several decorated bicycle contests. In October, JonBenét become Little Miss
Colorado, she rode on the "Good Ship Lollipop" float during the Boulder Christmas parade. (Grandpa Paugh built the float!) She waved and sang all along the parade route! She also takes piano, violin, and drama classes. Busy little Pre-kindergartener![sic] (Busy Mom hauling her around!)
      I continue to have good check-ups at NIH in Bethesda, MD. God has surely blessed me with energy and the ability to return to raising a family. I thank Him every morning when I wake up and see the sunrise reflecting on the Flatirons over Boulder. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Hope your Christmas was merry and here's to 1996! By the time you read this we'll be cheering on
the Buffs at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas and then on to the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix! Thanks to everyone who visited us in Colorado or Charlevoix this year. Please come see us in 1996! Love to you all!
                                                                                             The Ramseys

.                      .
[Image: Xmas95.jpg]The Ramseys

1995 Christmas Party
In 1995 (and maybe 1994), Patsy had had a large (100 people) party, with a buffet, for adult friends, many from the neighborhood, school or church.  A quiet party where people just talked and mingled.

1996 - John was doing good in his business life, income just about a million a year. Known for philanthropic charity, JR and PR both donated time and money to several organizations. Patsy was feeling good, looked like she was in remission. She was a volunteer at the Boulder Community Hospital  and active with the Junior League, the Children's Museum and Colorado Opera. The family was active with JonBenét in the pageants, Burke in school and Scouts. They all were active at St. John's Episcopal Church. Patsy had taught Sunday School and the children sang in the choir.
 Summer - Patsy and the children spent the summer in Michigan, as they had the year before. JR would  fly in when he could. JAR and Mindy both spent time there as well, often inviting friends to join them. The Ramseys home was on a lake and they enjoyed the water , boating, and entertaining their Michigan friends.

In June, 1996, JonBenét was photographed by Randy Simons.
In the 1/20/97 issue of People Magazine, he recalled being struck by the uncommon devotion between mother and child. "Patsy was your normal mom who absolutely loved her kid," says Simons. "She had the opportunity to spend a huge amount of time with JonBenét, and they were just really close." To his eyes, they were "the perfect mother and the perfect daughter."
 Simons later recalled being with Patsy and JonBenét, "These two were so close, so loving.  There was an unusual bond.  I said, 'You two seem pretty close.' and Patsy said, 'This is not just my daughter, this is my best friend.'  She meant it."
 There was a later story about a shoot where JonBenét was forced to continue posing when she clearly should have been in bed. True? I don't think so, but the story was there.
   Randy Simons later was offered up to $100,000 for the photo negatives he had of JonBenét. He decided not to sell it to any of those people, but he did sell the lot to Zygma, for $7,500 . He said he was not interested in the money.
 Personal comment - ò¿ó - I wonder why he did that - if money was not the issue - why not just hold onto them or put  those photos in the hands of the family? If he believed the parents did this, why not give them to the police rather than have them out for the public to view?
  Another question I would like answered is this - "Is Randy related to Peter Simons, the Ramsey neighbor  who was seen on national TV after the Ramsey family started their ad campaign?" He stated that the Ramseys could do whatever they wanted, but frankly, he was sick of the whole thing.  Could be that they are no relation and have never even met, but that is one question I would like to see an answer to. . . . one of many.
       Randy Simons on pageants and pageant photography - "It's not sexy.  Anybody who can look at that (picture) and think it's sexy, maybe they should re-evaluate themselves."
personal comment - ò¿ó - If Randy Simons had nothing to do with this terrible crime, then he became another victim.  In October of 1998, he was found walking naked in the streets of his small town of Genoa, Colorado.  When approached by police he blurted out, "I didn't kill JonBenét." The 46 year old man was taken in for psychiatric evaluation.

Date?
John Ramsey always made it a point to attend the talent portions of all pageants JonBenét entered.  Usually he would know just what time he had to be there.  During the Colorado State All Star Kids Cover Girl pageant, the schedule was altered at the last moment and John showed up an hour late.  He felt miserable, he had missed seeing JonBenét compete.  She sensed his mood and approached him, putting her winner's medal around his neck.
This medal was in JonBenét's bedroom with her other ribbons and trophies when JonBenét was killed.
A few days after the murder, Patsy's sister, Pam, went to the house to gather some clothes and personal effects for the family. When she next saw John, she handed him the medal and said, "something told me to pick this up and bring it to you."
This medal remained around John's neck through her funeral and was still there nearly two years later.

The Ramseys summered in Charlevoix, Michigan. In the Summer and Fall of 1996, there were a few incidents that deserve to be reported here.
      1. After the murder, a gas-station attendant told a story of a man who hung around the station
      periodically. He was in his thirties, sometimes dressed nice, other times quite dissheveled, and he always carried a lot of cash. He would speak to the attendant at times. One day, after John Ramsey had been in to buy case, the man spoke about Colorado and said he had some "unfinished business" there. This was reported to Charlevoix police after the murder.
      2. After the Ramseys had returned to Boulder, some people were allowed to use the house for a wine and cheese party - some friends had "bought" their house at a charity auction.  The party was on a Saturday and, later, Patsy called the housekeeper to check a wine stain.  The housekeeper went up sometime during the week to take care of it.  She found evidence that someone had been sleeping in JonBenét's bedroom. On the floor there was a small, neatly packed suitcase.  It held men's clothing and there was also a pair of cowboy boots. The housekeeper thought that the Ramseys had given a friend permission to use the house since they were in Boulder. She thought it strange he would sleep in a frilly bedroom when there were several other choices, but she said nothing to anyone about what she had seen. Nothing else in the house was disturbed.  The upstairs bathroom had been used but the housekeeper was not sure if it was from guests from the party or intruder.
Jeff Ramsey and his family went to Charlevoix that Friday to spend time at the house.  Apparently, the suitcase and boots were gone by then.
      After the murder, this incident was reported by the housekeeper. The Ramseys didn't know who had been in the house. The media never wrote about it; no one ever volunteered information that might solve the mystery, and no one ever found out who had been in the house, sleeping in JonBenét's bed.
From an email from the housekeeper:
"The BPD could have gotten evidence from it, they never did. They could have packed up all the bedding and had it examined. they didn't. The dust ruffle could have hairs on it as it not cleaned often. I even thought I should have just done it but thought it was the BPD place to gather evidence."

3. Also in September, a handicapped resident of Charlevoix who drives a special vehicle, was driving down the street past the Ramsey home. A man went into the road from the Ramsey lawn and waved down the motorist - jumped in and insisted on being given a ride to the airport. He was very agitated. The motorist felt he had little choice but to give the man a ride. During that ride, the man spoke about John Ramsey and threatened him harm.
The motorist was quite upset by the conversation and later tried to contact the Ramseys - he got their phone number from one of their Charlavoix neighbors. He was unable to reach them, and he gave up. After the murder he did report the incident to the Charlevoix police and even went to see the Ramseys during the summer of 1997 - when they were back in Charlevoix - to tell them what had happened and offer his help in identifying the man.
4 years later that was still a mystery.

Fall - Burke entered fourth Grade and JonBenét entered kindergarten. John Andrew started his  sophomore year at CU - Boulder, just a few blocks away from the family home. While he maintained a  room at home, he stayed at the Chi Psi fraternity house just 3 blocks away.

Patsy spoke to Jennifer Kay, a Geraldo producer, on Nov. 3rd, 1997 - this is what she said about the child JonBenét, the living child.
   "JonBenét was a beautiful and typical 6 year old American child. She loved pigtails, she loved kitty cats, she loved blue jeans, she loved standing on her head. She was really good at standing on her head.
 I don't know how she learned to stand on her head. When I came out of the house one day and there she was in a tripod standing - she could hold the pose for half an hour. She loved to stand on her head.
 She took a few gymnastic classes, but I guess they taught her to stand on her head, because she really could do it.
[Image: Ti4.jpg]  JonBenét
  She loved life, she loved her family, friends and her church. She said to me one time "how much do you love me, mommy?" I said JonBenét, I love you and Burke and Daddy more than anything else in this world. She turned to me and said "You're not supposed to love anyone more than Jesus." So, she knew the truth. She is with Him now, and we'll be together one of these days."
 "She was excited about school. She had her hair in braids, said she was wearing them in pigtail braids. She had an Atlanta backpack that her grandma gave her, and she wore a little kitty cat outfit with a little kitten on the front and she just tripped right in there. She was really excited about going. That was kindergarten - she never made it to first grade."

John Ramsey on JonBenét -  "She was a spark plug in the family, she was a ball of
      energy, and if we were sitting round the dinner table an weren't talking she would demand that we start to talk, and why are you being so quiet.  She was a source of energy in our family, that's just something you can't not remember."

October 1996 - The Ramseys and several other couples made a trip to North Carolina. It was during  this trip that the friends became aware that JonBenét was involved in pageants. They had not known about her involvement until then.
    Personal comment - ò¿ó - I think that this speaks to how important, or unimportant, the pageants were in JonBenét's life. The parents had considered the pageants a mother-daughter thing, her pageant experiences and photos had not been shared with close friends until she had been in 9 pageants.

November, 1996 - JonBenét was seen by her doctor for the last time - a little on her medical records and the doctor's observations.
            Dr. Beuf saw JonBenét 27 times between March, 1993 and November, 1996.
  Most of those visits were for sinus infections and colds. There was one for an injured finger, another after a fall in a grocery store.
 He mentioned once in an interview that she had a scar on her face from being hit with a golf club, but  he did not say he had attended her for that injury - just noted that the scar was there and he thought Burke had hit her. I suggest it was an accident since it appears to have been an isolated incident and not an unusual accident for active kids.
 On five occasions he did a brief examination of the external genitalia. He said on Primetime live that he never did a speculum exam and did not suggest in any way that he did any type of internal exam. Here is the information on those 5 "vaginal" exams.
    9/1993 -age 3 - JonBenét had had a recent bout of diarrhea and was complaining of pain during urination and there was vaginal redness. Typical treatment would be plain water baths, possibly use of an ointment.
   4/1994 - age 3 - another visit concerning pain during urination - possibly related to bubble bath (a known irritant). This is in the doctor's records and appears to be the only time bubble bath caused the problem. Again, the typical treatment would be plain water baths and possibly an ointment.
 10/1994 - age 4 - a routine physical, no inflammation noted. It WAS noted that she OCCASIONALLY wet the bed - not unusual - Dr. Beuf told Primetime live that 20-25% of children wet the bed occasionally at the age of 4.
   3/1995 - age 4 - JonBenét was brought to the doctor with abdominal pain and fever. He did a full physical check on her and ran tests.
     8/1996 - age 5 - A routine physical (possibly a pre-school exam which may have included a brief visual examination of the genital area). Nothing noted as abnormal.
                  This is the extent of the "vaginal" exams performed on JonBenét.
 The last time Dr. Beuf saw JonBenét as a patient was five weeks before she died - a check-up after a sinus infection.
    Dr. Beuf issued a statement - "My office treated JonBenét Ramsey from March, 1993 through  December, 1996. Throughout this period, there has been absolutely no evidence of abuse of any kind."
  On February 14, 1997, Dr. Beuf was interviewed on KUSA-TV. He reported that they did ask him about prior sexual abuse of JonBenét. His answer? "I told them absolutely, categorically no. There was absolutely no evidence - either physical or historical."
 In the British Documentary produced in the first half of 1998, Dr Beuf said , "I saw absolutely no signs of sexual abuse. I had no suspicion of it. I always think about sexual abuse with any child ... who comes through this practice, because it is such a terribly destructive thing ... in JonBenét's case I saw absolutely no evidence."

The Ramseys were quite permissive with Burke and JonBenét. The children were not harped on to keep their toys picked up (housekeepers Linda Hoffmann-Pugh and Lin Wilcox on Peter Boyles) and the side door to the house was left unlocked so the kids and their neighborhood friends could come and go as they pleased (Lisa Ryckman  article).

November 14th , 1996
City of Boulder Press Release
POLICE SEEKING SUSPECT INFORMATION IN SEXUAL ASSAULT CASE
[b][color=#000099][size=large]Boulder police are seeking information on a suspect in a reported sexual assault case. On October 6th, a 16 year old girl was sexually assaulted on her way home from a friend's house. The incident occured at 12:30am in the Shanahan Ridge area. The suspect is described as a white male, 20 to 30

RE: TimeLine #1 Beginnings. - jameson245 - 01-28-2021

Charlovoix, Michigan
December 23, 1992

Purchased House
in Michigan Ramsey Purchase House in Michigan

"we were sitting on the balcony of our small room at the Edgewater Hotel" [DOIpg182] "We had found the house in Charlevoix in the summer of 1992" [DOIpg181] "Originally build in 1887" [DOIpg182] "Chip and Vicki Emery lived up the street from us" [DOIpg183] "Patsy named the house Summer Hill" [DOIpg7]

. West Virginia and
Hyannis Port Massachusetts
June 1993 Forty-Ninth Miss West Virginia Scholarship Pageant & Hyannis Port Mass

"In June 1993 I served as one of the judges for the Forty-Ninth Miss West Virginia Scholarship Pageant." (snip) "After the conclusion of the week long pageant, we left Clarksburg, West Virginia, and flew to Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, to visit with some Boulder friends who were vacationing nearby." (snip) "we flew on to Charlevoix to spend a few days at our summer cottage." [DOIpg74]

Charlevoix, Michigan
Atlanta, Georgia
Fourth July 1993 Fourth of July 1993 (Patsy discovered she had Ovarian Cancer)

"On Friday, July 2, I went back to the Charlevoix Community Hospital emergency room." (snip) "We told John to go ahead and take Burke and JonBenet to the fireworks display at the Capital City Country Club; we would meet him there after Mom and Dad and I stopped by the hospital. My sister Polly, who was seven months pregnant at the time, also came with us." [DOIpg76]

Boulder, Colorado
September 14, 1993

Patsy's Cancer
Healing Service Father Rol Hoverstock Healing Service

"As best I can remember, Father Rol and a few of my friends came to visit on September 14, 1993. My mother and John were there, as well as Patty Novack, Roxy Walker, Lori Smith, and my friend and her husband. We gathered in a little sitting area in our master bedroom. Father Rol and Roxy sat on the sofa. Father Rol began reading from Isaiah 53." [DOIpg86]

Lights of December Parade 1993

"Burke's Boy Scout troop wanted to participate, so Patsy came up with a design for a float. Her father, Don Paugh, and Adam Schneider went out to our airplane hangar and went about building the float." (snip) "Don wired the float so that music played as the kids marched down the street. JonBenet begged to ride with them on the float but wasn't old enough yet." [DOIpg98]

Ramsey Christmas 1993

"I was now ready for the final step, which unfortunately was a big one; a laparoscopy" (snip) "I begged to have the operation postponed. "I want to be home with my children for the holidays." (snip) "Then, on December 26, I returned to NIH for this final surgery." [DOIpg89]

Boulder, Colorado
Spring 1994 JonBenet's hair was cut short, Judith Phillips remembers

"JP: I said to Patsy, What happened to her hair? And she goes OH I just got so sick of fighting with JonBenét about combing her hair. We would fight all the time, so I just got sick of it and I took the scissors and cut her hair." (snip) "JP: yeah, she was about 3 and shortly afterward I did the photo shoot for the Colorado women's news article and spent some time in the home and JonBenét still had that short bob of a hair cut." [Afternoon with Judith Phillips 2/2000]

Boulder, Colorado
Spring 1994 "Patsy and JonBenet" by Judith Phillips, Photographer

"During my struggle with cancer and losing my hair, Judith frequently asked to take my picture. I had tried to tell her that I was in a fight for my life and having my bald head snapped by her camera wasn't high on my list of priorities. However, Judith persisted, so shortly after I finished my chemotherapy, I acquiesced to doing a few pictures in the spring of 1994." [DOIpg160]

West Virginia
June 1994 Miss West Virginia Pageant's Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration

"The following June, I returned to the pageant's Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration and reunited of former Miss West Virginias. I was bald from the chemo treatments, so I wore a wig, I was emaciated from losing so much weight, but I found a bright red beaded gown that only someone really skinny would wear, one side benefit to the chemo therapy. My sister Pam, who had been in the 1980 Miss West Virginia, and I sang " A Gershwin Melody" under the spotlight." [DOIpg54]
[IMAGE] . West Virginia
June 1994 JonBenet at the Miss West Virginia Pageant's Fiftieth Anniversary

"My little girl, who was only three-and-a-half at the time, was in the audience that night," (snip) "As part of the show that evening, the president of the Miss American Pageant, Albert Marks, presented my parents with a special plaque of commendation for having sent two daughters to the national Miss American pageant." (snip) "In his remarks Mr. Marks said that he had met a little blond angel in a pretty pink dress who looked to him like a future Miss America. He was talking about JonBenet." [DOIpg54]
[IMAGE] . West Virginia
June 1994 JonBenet began playing her game called "Presenting"

"When we returned home to Colorado, she began begging to be in a pageant. I would hear JonBenet playing a new game she called "Presenting" with her friends." (skip) "She would stand beside the door to the living room and give the okay. Then I would say, "Preeeesenting Miss JonBenet Ramsey." And she would jump out into the doorway. "Presenting" became JonBenet's favorite game." [DOIpg54]