Forums
from interviews - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://webbsleuths.org)
+-- Forum: Ramsey Discussion (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Ramsey holiday plans 1996 (https://webbsleuths.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=358)
+--- Thread: from interviews (/showthread.php?tid=1179)

from interviews - jameson245 - 07-22-2018

1998 Interview with Patsy
2 TRIP DeMUTH: Do you remember what
3 carrier?
4 PATSY RAMSEY: No. I think we
5 called Disney at a number you call, and they do
6 some sort of package thing, they put it
7 together, so I don't know, Delta, United or --
8 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.

1998 interview with JR
12 MIKE KANE: Who made those arrangements?
13 JOHN RAMSEY: Patsy made the reservations?
14 MIKE KANE: Was it through the travel agent?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: The travel agent. Actually
16 I think I remember calling Walt Disney directly. I
17 think I might have gotten the number out of a
18 magazine or something. Because I think I remember
19 joining the Disney or somebody like that directly.
~snip~
24 MIKE KANE: So you would fly back in the
25 day before, fly out, I think you said TWA?
1 JOHN RAMSEY: Right.
2 MIKE KANE: And you're leaving on the boat
3 that day or did you fly down and then you would
4 leave the next day?
5 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I think we were doing
6 this boom, boom, boom. Then we were going to be on
7 the boat that night.
8 MIKE KANE: And how long a trip was that
9 going to be?
10 JOHN RAMSEY: It was maybe four days. It
11 was over through New Year's Eve. I don't know if
12 we were came back New Year's day or the next day,
13 but it was a four-day trip.

Interview with Patsy 1997 regarding the Charlevoix trip
ST: And was everybody on this same page about going to Charlevoix as far as uh, willing and wanting to go. There was no dissention in the ranks that, I don’t want to go or she doesn’t want to go. Everybody was looking forward to this trip?
PR: Well, I mean, we were. I wasn’t real crazy about going cause I just thought it was cramming a lot of stuff in there, you know, I told John I didn’t really want to go. I’d rather, cause, Christmas, going to Charlevoix, then going to, it just seemed like a lot, you know, but then we decided as a family to go and, you know, been looking forward to it.

Interview with JR 1998 about Charlevoix
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Well the plan was to leave
3 the morning of the 26th. I had an airplane at the
4 time that was on charter through a charter company
5 run by Mike Archuleta, who is also a friend;
6 became a friend. Mike was going to fly us that
7 morning of the 26th from Jeffco to Minneapolis. We
8 were going to get into Minneapolis before 11 and
9 my older kids were going to arrive from Atlanta.
10 From Atlanta to Minneapolis we were going to pick
11 them up and then go on to Charlevoix.
12 And we did it that way because Charlevoix was a
13 difficult place to get to with airlines. And we
14 were flying from Jeffco to Charlevoix, you fly
15 literally almost fly over Minneapolis. So that
16 would be real easy for us to stop in Minneapolis
17 and pick them up. And they had really inexpensive
18 tickets to get there on the airlines. So that was
19 the plan.
20 They we were going to stay there for I think it
21 was till Friday. I forget what day the 26th was.
22 (INAUDIBLE) but we were going to stay for a couple
23 days and come back to Boulder around Friday. Then
24 I think the next morning on Saturday, we were
25 going to leave for this Big Red Boat trip with
1 just JonBenet, Burke and Patsy and me. And that
2 was a package deal. We had tickets on TWA and that
3 was all kind of pretty pre-laid out for us.

RE: from interviews - jameson245 - 09-15-2018

ST: Were you going to finish the Charlevoix packing the morning of the 26th when you got up?
PR: Uh, yeah, I mean, throw in toothbrushes and last minute kind of stuff, you know. Uh . . .
ST: And were the . . .
PR: . . .stuff in the car, you know, packages.
ST: And I came into this investigation a couple of days after the fact um, and I did not spend a great deal of time in the 15th Street home um, but what suitcases specifically were going on the Charlevoix Disney trip. Were they the suitcases that were on the bed in John Andrew’s room.
PR: No, we were suppose to come back from the lake before we went to Disney boat trip. So I just had a few little things in a plastic bag as I recall that I was going to take to the lake cause we were only going to be there, I don’t know, a couple of days or something. And then I was coming back and then the suitcases were packed to go. We were coming back to here and then going from Denver to Florida so. Now what was your question?
ST: Were the suitcases, were going to leave the 15th Street home and go to Charlevoix I’m assuming . . .
PR: I don’t . . .
ST: . . .and stop me if I’m wrong . . .
PR: . . .know if any suitcases were going just this, I had a plastic bag and some shopping bag and some shopping bags with presents and stuff. I mean, we were flying our own plane, so we don’t rally, you know, pack real, you can just kind of throw stuff in there, you know.
ST: And did those, did that packing include clothing or do you have clothes at Charlevoix.
PR: Well, I think it included some clothes, because most of the clothes up there are summer shorts and T-shirts and stuff like that, but, you know, but it wasn’t a lot and the suitcases wee packed to go to Florida. So, I didn’t have any, I wasn’t going to take, I don’t think I was going to take a suitcase to Charlevoix.
ST: And was everybody on this same page about going to Charlevoix as far as uh, willing and wanting to go. There was no dissention in the ranks that, I don’t want to go or she doesn’t want to go. Everybody was looking forward to this trip?
PR: Well, I mean, we were. I wasn’t real crazy about going cause I just thought it was cramming a lot of stuff in there, you know, I told John I didn’t really want to go. I’d rather, cause, Christmas, going to Charlevoix, then going to, it just seemed like a lot, you know, but then we decided as a family to go and, you know, been looking forward to it. We never had Christmas up there before so I called the florist and had them put up lights and a wreath and flowers and all that cause Melinda and Stewart were coming up and John Andrew.
ST: How did the kid feel about, I mean, Christmas is the 25th, they just get all the presents, get everything opened up, get to playing and all of a sudden the 26th they’re, they got to take off to Charlevoix. How do . . .
PR: Oh, the little kids?
ST: Yeah, how did they feel about that?
PR: Oh, they, they would have loved it. They love theta cause they have toys up there, you know, they love it up there.